Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Is the footage in my gopro account private?

[ New ]

Is the footage in my gopro account private and encrypted? Or can it be easily stolen or viewed by gopro or third parties?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Is the footage in my gopro account private?

[ New ]

@konstantin55320, the media files uploaded to your GoPro cloud are private. These files are only accessible through a secure, authenticated access with a username and password.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@konstantin55320, the media files uploaded to your GoPro cloud are private. These files are only accessible through a secure, authenticated access with a username and password.

Hiker

[ New ]

@konstantin55320  You are being lied to by NoPro who is ProLie. Your content are accessible!!! And can be sold!

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Subscribe-to-GoPro/What-are-you-guy-thinking-with-this-IP-grabbing/m-...

Tourist

[ New ]

Form reading your privacy policy, It is not clear if the video or imagery content of files uploaded is considered private data or not. The definition seems to be more along the lines of meta data that might be extracted from such media files and linked to private identification information. The concern then transfers to whether or not copyright use is being granted via the TOS to property stored in our private media library but with private meta data stripped out. Can you address this?

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for contacting GoPro and for voicing your concerns regarding the license grant provision in Section 6 of the Terms of Use.  This language is not intended to give GoPro a broad license to make use of user content for commercial purposes.  Instead, the license is limited to instances in which a user submits content directly to GoPro for marketing or other purposes as may be agreed by the parties.  We understand that the language is ambiguous and will update to clearly reflect our intent. 

The email messages that GoPro sends to subscribers every month are meant to remind users they have content in the cloud and they can use that content to create edits and share with family and friends.  If you don’t wish to receive these messages, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.

Thanks again for your feedback!