Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

I ve requested the GoPro plus Trial period and it says on the app to set up auto upload from the cam

[ New ]

opted for the GoPro plus trial period and it says on the app to set up auto upload from the camera screen but there's no option to do this and now I can't connect my camera to the app. Also the app has now swallowed up all the remaining memory on my iPad 

GoPro

Re: I ve requested the GoPro plus Trial period and it says on the app to set up auto upload from ...

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

What camera are you using?

If you are having trouble connecting, see if resetting the connection will help:

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: I ve requested the GoPro plus Trial period and it says on the app to set up auto upload from ...

[ New ]

I've done as you said. On the camera (GoPro 7) it says "we found your GoPro. Them you hit connect and it says connection successful on the camera but on the app it says "pairing failed, make sure your camera is in pairing mode" 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello,
i goût same problem, i have request trial périod but it still ask to request it.
I had removed and added gopro8 again on gopro app but it didn't solved my problem.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877 @rockyspiri4206

Has it been 24 hours since you signed up for PLUS?

Please try signing in via gopro.com/login and see if you have the option to add Media.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
No I haven’t waited 24 hours. Was I supposed to?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

This is just a general time window we provide.

Were you able to try signing in again?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

It's connected now but not auto uploading my media to the cloud in spite of it saying on the app that auto upload is on. Also the cameras WiFi keeps overriding my home WiFi 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

Try resetting the camera then set auto-upload again.

You may also check Auto Uploading Your Footage to the Cloud With GoPro Plus

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
I’ve done this and followed the instructions and it still doesn’t auto upload my media despite it saying on the app and camera that it is connected and auto upload is on
Tourist

[ New ]
After 48h, my gopro plus is still not enabled...
Hiker

[ New ]

Also you cannot get through to the support team as they say they're too busy and it seems you can't be bothered to answer my last message. Tell me why I shouldn't just take my GoPro back to the shop for a refund as its clearly not fit for purpose and you can't resolve the issues with it 

GoPro

[ New ]

@alertoasis877, just to clarify, did you download first your GoPro media files from the camera to the GoPro App?

If the footage are already in the app and the Mobile Upload process isn't working, should automatically start when your phone is within Wi-Fi range, try the following accordingly to force restart the upload process: 

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Wi-Fi network. 
  2. Disable Mobile Upload and Celular Upload (if enabled) in the app. Settings > GoPro Plus > Mobile Upload 
  3. Completely force close out of the app (from the Home screen, swipe up on the app's preview to close the app). 
  4. Re-open the GoPro App. 
  5. Enable Mobile Upload. 

The items in the App tab will start to queue up for cloud upload. Successful uploads will briefly display a checkmark. If an item fails to upload, it will be marked with an error icon, and we’ll try the upload again when your device is in range. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok firstly no I did not download my GoPro media files from the camera to the app because I can't. Am I supposed to? When It says looks like you have new media and click on 'get it' it then gives you a notice saying "GoPro" wants to join wi-fi network "Tony's HERO7 Black" ? If you click on join it closes down my home WiFi and replaces it with the cameras WiFi which doesn't work. If you click on cancel it stops doing anything. Your instructions aren't very clear, please make them easier to follow 

Hiker

[ New ]
In addition to my reply from 7 hours ago I’ve carried out the actions you suggested and it still won’t auto upload files, even ones that are uploaded and listed under the app. It says it is starting upload and then sits on this screen or something similar doing nothing for hours on end. I’ve been trying all day
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @rockyspiri4206. We used the email address on your Hub profile but we are not able to pull up any PLUS account associated with it. Was a different email address used? If you indeed used a different email address for your PLUS account trial, please provide me the email address through a private message so we can check on its status. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @alertoasis877. To verify, are your GoPro media now saved on the GoPro App on your iPad? If this is the case and the Mobile Upload is enabled (Preferences > My Account > Mobile Upload in blue), the media under the APP tab should have the following tags depending on upload status: 

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload
CLOUD+UP - Item uploading
CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed
EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading 

Do you see any of them on your media? 

Please also note that to begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a video contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB of available storage to start uploading.

Hiker

[ New ]
There are some files on there that were saved before it stopped doing that. As I explained before it won’t let me do even that anymore. The files that are on there show three with a clock and one with an exclamation
Hiker

[ New ]
....and yes there’s plenty of storage space
GoPro

[ New ]

@alertoasis877. To verify, have you already disabled then enabled the Mobile Upload setting on the GoPro App? Also, are the files with the clock icon and the exclamation mark not found yet in the media library when checked through plus.gopro.com? 

If the files are still in the SD card, try saving them to your computer and manually upload them to the PLUS cloud by adding media through plus.gopro.com. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes I’ve disabled and enabled the mobile upload setting. No the media is not there on my GoPro plus media library. The files are still on my SD card but I don’t have a computer, just my iPad.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

Would you mind signing in via gopro.com/login using Safari or any browsers on your iPad?

Once logged in, see if you have an option to upload Media.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I do have the option to upload media but as mentioned in a previous message the camera won't upload files from the camera to the app part of the app anymore. Please read my previous message re this. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

Thanks! We'll have this shared with the team for further checking.

We'll post back once we have an update.

If you have access to a non-iOS device, see if the upload will work.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Sorry but I don’t have access to a non IOS device but thanks I’ll await your update
Hiker

[ New ]

Am I to take it that because you haven't responded for a week you can't resolve this issue?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

We are seeing some files stuck on the upload.

To help isolate the issue, we would be asking you to test the browser upload.

You did mention that you have some files saved on the app.

Kindly save a file to your iPad's gallery.

Once done login to PLUS account using a browser. Safari or Chrome will do.

Tap on add media and see if it will go through.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Ok I have done as you said but the screen says ‘Uploading 1/1 files’ but it just sits there not uploading anything. Please tell me what this suggestion was supposed to solve
Sightseer

Re: I ve requested the GoPro plus Trial period and it says on the app to set up auto upload from the

[ New ]
Hi,

Forget about their customer support. They do not seem to be efficient. I had the same problem. Try this:
Open the app, then click on the first icon "camera" which allows you to control the camera and view media. You'll find an option to "set up auto upload". Click on it, even if your camera is not connected. Go back to the third icon "media" and let me know if you can see it started uploading your media.
Hiker

Re: I ve requested the GoPro plus Trial period and it says on the app to set up auto upload from the

[ New ]
Hi. Thank you for trying to help me.. I’ve already set up auto upload so it says ‘manage auto upload’. The problem is auto upload is switched on and even when the app is open and I have WiFi and I have new media and the camera is on, fully charged and connected to the power supply it still doesn’t auto upload my new files.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

When you did the browser upload, was the upload bar completed or did it go at least halfway through? 

How long did you leave it on that page?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
I left it for about two and a half hours. It crept over a tiny fraction but then went back and stayed like that until I gave up
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertoasis877

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

See if the update makes a difference regarding the issue reported.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej