Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

I feel like gopro is stealing from me...

[ New ]
I was super excited to have purchased my first gopro ever, thinking gopro was a really reputable company I didn't do much research, which looking back now was foolish. I was so excited to start using my first action camera I instantly activated the gopro plus free trial. A few days before the trial ended I decided I wasn't using it enough and had plenty of cloud storage on my Google drive. I went to cancel my subscription before the end of my trial and was charged, but I received an error message saying "something went wrong". I thought that was weird and tried another couple of times tot he same result. I figure must be a server issue or something along those lines. I tried again the next to and received the same results. Since it was still within my trial period I thought I'd give it another day and try customer service if it still didn't work. On the third day the cancelation worked and I didn't receive any error message.
Unfortunately at the end of my trial I was then charged with a year's subscription. I immediately went online when I saw the charge and saw my account was very much charged and active....I instantly canceled it again (worked first time that time) and received a message saying I would be told if I am entitled to a refund. I contacted customer service anyway as I do not have a ton of cash to my name and would like to make sure I get that refund. The customer service agent I chatted with proceeded to tell me that the glitches were my fault and I should have contacted support right away, I was rather upset by this response. Then when I asked for a refund anyway since I didn't use my account at all, there is no media on it and I had not logged into it at all. I was told I could receive a partial refund and the rep proceeded to talk down to me reiterating that it was my fault and even asking me if I knew what certain meant. Honestly I've never been spoked down to like that by a customer service agent. I was extremely upset. Even after all that I received no refund, not even the partial one the customer service agent said I would receive. I have been locked out of starting a new customer chat as I am constantly getting the message "all our agents are busy". When I set up a phone call I receive no call at all. I have sent in multiple emails which have all not been responded too. It has been weeks and I still have no refund and no response. I dont know what to to here, but this is a warning to anyone who just wants to see what gopro plus is about via the trial. I will be telling everyone I know who uses gopro or will be thinking of using gopro/gopro plus about my experience. I am very taken aback that such a large like gopro has such horrid customer service, the only word I have for it is theft.

Tldr: cancelled gopro plus subscription, was charged anyway. Customer service told me I would receive partial refund, no refund was received and customer service will not respond to me.
GoPro

Re: I feel like gopro is stealing from me...

[ New ]

Hi @adroitgorg1148

Sorry to hear about what happened.

Surely, this is not the kind of experience we want you to have as a GoPro customer.

We were able to pull up the case and we'll have this shared with the team for further review.

We'll get back to you once we have an update.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: I feel like gopro is stealing from me...

[ New ]
Gopro has gotten back to me and again I've been told i am not eligible for even the partial refund I was told i would recdive by the initial customer support agent. They will be keeping all my money and have refused to end my subscibrion. It is 100% I am being stolen from by gopro. A company i trusted and though was legit is so desperate for cash flow they are now resorting to these sort of business tactics.