Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

How to (1) Upload 4K footage, (2) delete, (3) keep filming... fast and easy?

[ New ]

Hello everyone :)

I have been using GoPro Hero 7 black for a while and I love the camera but I hate the App.

The App offers you all sorts of options to edit, share, livestream and other features I am NOT interested about. Yet it makes it INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to easily backup your footage which I guess is what 90% of us really just want.

I am traveling the world on my motorcycle so I record a ton of footage every. All I really want is a way to easily upload ALL MY FOOTAGE to the cloud overnight and delete it from the SD card, so I can keep filming next day.

I used to think Auto-upload was the solution for this but there are 3 problems:

(1) It fails a lot.

(2) I have to manually delete the footage afterwards.

(3) Today I just found out that all the footage actually gets downgraded to 1080p (without warning), which means all the stuff I recorded in 4K was useless and it's gone.

Is there an easy option to dump all my footage to the cloud, in 4K, and delete it afterwards (automatically if possible), without having to go through a computer?

Using a computer is not an option for me, because I don't have any. All I have is my phone, my camera and a Wifi connection.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

GoPro Community Manager

Re: How to (1) Upload 4K footage, (2) delete, (3) keep filming... fast and easy?

[ New ]

We have some options for you at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus. If you don't want to use your computer, the auto-upload option is a great one to look at.

Tourist

Re: How to (1) Upload 4K footage, (2) delete, (3) keep filming... fast and easy?

[ New ]

As I mentioned your Auto upload feature sucks: it doesn't work, it doesn't automatically delete the files, etc.

Given the lack of options, I'll just avoid GoPro's software altogether and dump my files to Dropbox directly from the SD Card via my computer.