Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

How do I actually use the GoPro Subscribe features?

[ New ]

I've bought a GoPro Hero 8 Black and go the subscription with it. They sent me an email confirming it and saying I should download the apps. Now how do I actually activate the Subscription? There's nothing that tells you what to do?

Any help would be much apreciated.

GoPro

Re: How do I actually use the GoPro Subscribe features?

[ New ]

Hi @ryancraig

There is no activation needed for the subscription.

It is active upon purchase.

You may try signing in via gopro.com/login and check if you have the Add Media option.

Here are some links you may refer to

What is GoPro Subscription?

How to Add Media to GoPro Subscription

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your reply. I got it working in the end. It just seemed to take a while to come through. I logged out and back in again and it started to work.

One other thing, some of my videos that I've uploaded into the subcription cloud are upside down. There's a tool for cropping but no rotate tool. Is there anyway to rotate them?

Regards,

Ryan

IMG_3692.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ryancraig

Glad to hear that you got it working!

Regarding the videos, how was the upload made?

Was the recording originally upside down and was edited via the app?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

The video were recorded using my Hero 8 Black and uploaded via the Quik app. I record vis a mount on the front of my bike and somestimes the recordings are upside down so I just need to rotate it 180 degress. I can't find a tool to do this unless I make a clip from it but I need it the correct way up so I can actually clip the right bit.

Thanks,

Ryan

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ryancraig. You may use the Quik app to flip your upside-down videos. To do this, launch the file/video. Once done, tap on the pencil icon, then choose Frame, then either select Rotate or Flip, depending on your preference. After the change in orientation, tap on the checkmark then hit Save. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, yes I noticed that this tool was availabe in certain situations. It seems you have to download the movie into the app before you can edit and rotate it. Once done, it doesn't seem to sync back with the cloud. If you look at the attached pic you can see I have the same clip in two places but only the correct way round on the app.

Wouldn't it be better if you could edit the files in the cloud?

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 11.27.05.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@ryancraig. In order to save the edit you made to the cloud, you will have to export/save it to your phone. Doing this automatically saves the file to the cloud.