Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Horribly slow upload speed to GoPro Plus cloud storage

[ New ]

Why is the speed uploading so unbelievably slow? It must be throttled by Gopro servers. Regardless if I try from the GoPro Cameras themselves, or if I copy the media to my PC then upload from it via the Web Interface, it takes an incredibly long time to upload media.

It's not my connection; I have 300x300mbps connection at work, and a 100x100 at home. Looking at throughput usage it's not even using a fraction of the available bandwidth to do this upload at either location.

It's going to take DAYS to upload the footage taken from a recent trip, when it otherwise should take a few hours at most.

GoPro

Re: Horribly slow upload speed to GoPro Plus cloud storage

[ New ]

Hello @exr90

How are you importing the files to PLUS?

Are these chaptered files? Does the same happen for photo uploads?

If you haven't yet, please try uploading the files manually.

See How to Add Media to GoPro PLUS for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I’ve been experiencing very slow uploading to the cloud, as well. I use the manual upload function from my Hero. Left it going overnight, and one 90 minute video (out of two files) just finished. The camera says it’s uploaded the first 90 minute, and the second 55 minute. But only the first appears on the iOS App. On Safari, I see the first and a spinning icon indicating activity where the 2nd should be.

This isn’t the first time this has happened. Previous attempts at uploading 2 different 90min files took an incredible amount of time.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dhucrew

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Would you mind trying the upload from Quik for Desktop?

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @exr90 ,

Can you try from the web again and see if you are experiencing the same upload speed as before ? We pushed out a change to significantly improve the upload speed from the browser last week(March 10th around 2 PM Pacific time). Let me know how it goes and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Rahul

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dhucrew 

Taking a look at what you have in your library, it seems like there are videos that are from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours in length. After the upload is done from the camera, we have a pipeline process in the background that will take some time based on other traffic that is coming in and also the length of the video that you have. This processing is necessary so that you can stream the videos back on your phone or on the web. On the web we show a spinning icon to indicate that the processing is happening. Meanwhile, if you have any concerns about a specific piece of media or are having issues with it then lmk and we can take a look.

Thanks

Rahul

Nomad

[ New ]

The upload speeds are not that bad, what is taking forever is the enormous filesizes... a 10 minute recording in 4K is a huge file alone... if you have 30+ minute videos shot in 4K, they're really gonna take FOREVER to upload... and even if they are 1080p, at 30+ minutes, they're going to take a very very long time to upload... there is nothing wrong with your gopro or the cloud, in this case you just have very large (huge) files...

Wish the best of luck and the best of times with your camera!