Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

HERO8 GoPro Plus Replacement

[ New ]

I dont see the Hero8 included anywhere in the GoPro Plus replacement program. Can someone tell me if the Hero8 is included in the program and where this is listed/written?

https://gopro.com/en/us/legal/plus-fees

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: HERO8 GoPro Plus Replacement

[ New ]

@kwadology - Yes, you can add PLUS after the original purchase. Information about the PLUS program is at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/subscription/gopro-plus-monthly-subscription/GoProPlusMonthly.html. From there, you can find the T&Cs at https://gopro.com/en/us/legal/subscriptionterms, which also lists the replacement costs. The HERO8 Black is included on that list.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@adroit707, thanks for reaching out. More details about the GoPro Plus will be available soon. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have new information. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is quite important to know whether it is, or it isn't. I've ordered a Hero 8 but wont open it until this is clarified. Plus is promoted on the ordering page but if the camera is excluded from the replacement program then I'll return it.

Tourist

[ New ]

Can GoPro please answer this and make the changes to the GoPro Plus Terms and Conditions? I would like to buy the camera but wont do so until its updated. It seems a fraudulent to me that you advertise and sell the GoPro Plus program with a Hero 8 camera when the Terms and Conditions dont even list it as part of the Eligible Equipment. 

Section 1 Definitions.

a. “Eligible Equipment” means only GoPro manufactured equipment in the Eligible Equipment Table
in Section 12.
Section 12. Eligible Equipment Table: including Fees by Currency

No where is the Hero8 listed in the Table

See attached file

Terms and Conditions Section 1 Definitions.PNG
Tourist

[ New ]

Supporting Documentation Attached

Terms and Conditions Section 12 Eligible Equipment Table.PNG
Tourist

[ New ]

Supporting Documentation Attached

Terms and Conditions Eligible Equipment Table USD.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

@garetht40068, @adroit707, I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I have new information available. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I'd also like Gopro Plus for a hero8. No point in subscribing if it's not covered. Also do I have to sign up to GoPro plus when I buy the camera or can I order the camera and add plus at a later date once it's confirmed it's covered?

Thanks