Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Gopro plus file names

[ New ]

How I can get a file name from either gopro plus or gopro app on iphone? Besides downloading it to the device, of course. How I can search gopro plus with file name? It would greatly help me to investigate "duplicate media" issues. 

Thank you. 

GoPro

Re: Gopro plus file names

[ New ]

Hello, @borisv613. The only filters that we have for media in the PLUS cloud are the following:

• In the GoPro App: Capture Date, Recent, File Size
  • In the Web (via plus.gopro.com): All Media, Recently Uploaded, Photos, Videos, Hilights, Edits, QuikStories

The cloud network also will not allow duplicate uploads - that is for the same exact file. Even if the file name will be changed, the file will not be uploaded to the cloud anymore if it has been uploaded before. 

What seems to be the issue though? How may we help? 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi!
the issue is that I can't upload file to the cloud and get "duplicate media" error, yet I can't find the same file in the cloud. Just can't 

I get it for multiple files. Also is there a possibility to filter files by location they were taken, since in-camera GPS is awesome, so might be even more useful.

Thank you. 

GoPro

[ New ]

It would be a great addition to the filters, @borisv613. But filtering by location or GPS is not currently supported. 

How are you uploading your media to the cloud? Which of these methods are you using? By re-uploading we gather that the initial upload to the cloud failed. Were you using the same methods for the initial upload and the re-upload? 

How are you accessing your media? Is it through the GoPro app? If so, what do you get under the Cloud tab in the app? Are these files under the App tab?

If you haven't yet, please also check if the media can be found in the media library through plus.gopro.com. Depending on the file size and the stability of the network, it could take some time for the media to be synced in all platforms. When you log in to plus.gopro.com, please check if your files are there. There are two things to do:

• See if the media may have been incorrectly dated that they are under a different timeline, and
  • Filter media by Recently Uploaded and see if the files will appear

If you are using the GoPro app, we'd also like to know which phone you are using, the OS it is running on, and the version of the App that installed in the device. This will help us determine if there is any factor in the app that might be causing such an issue. 

If the files are not found even after these checks, please let us know the file names and we'll have a look at the system to see if they are there somewhere. Thanks!

We hope to hear back from you. Many thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

well, I'm TRYING to use iOs app to upload since my in-camera upload doesn't work (that's the whole different issue). The thing with the app is that it lists all my files there TWICE: one file is marked "waiting for upload" and the second one - not marked at all, whatever it means. Of course I can't wait for the files to be auto-uploaded, some files are from 3-4 YEARS old still haven't auto uploaded, so I save it to photos on device, sync with icloud, download to PC, and try to upload to gopro plus via web interface. Getting "duplicate media" issue. So there are 2 files in iOs gopro app, and one in photos, and one apparently in gopro cloud, the one I can't find to make sure it exists and remove media from the app and photos on the device. Here's the screenshot of the app in my iphone with video files being duplicated. To make it clear - there are thousands of files like that. 

IMG_7134.PNG
Hiker

[ New ]
why my previous message with explanations was removed?
GoPro

[ New ]

@borisv613. Was it posted on this same thread? We checked our Spam folder but we do not see any post that is filtered. Will you be able to post your response again? Many thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

I got your response, @borisv613. On the GoPro App on your phone, check if the Auto Offload feature is enabled. To do this, go to Settings, then Preferences, then Auto Offload. Disabling this will stop the app from automatically detecting and downloading new media when connected to your camera. See if this makes a difference on the duplicates. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

I have disabled auto-offload and now my material is shown on the timeline TRIPLE. When I try to click on any of the files in the most cases it shows "we're getting your gopro media from icloud" message. Not sure what really exists in the app, what's uploaded and what's not. 

IMG_7147 (1).PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @borisv613. On the app, the media which has been uploaded to the cloud would have a cloud icon with a checkmark. Are you still unable to view cloud media through the app? Does the app still import multiple copies of the same file to the app? 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi! thanks for your post. No, it's not fine at all. Even after multiple reinstalls of gopro app, logout / login most of the files are still shown double. with one file without icon, while other - with an "waiting to upload to cloud" icon. See screenshot. I have circled files that are surely duplicated. 

IMG_7454-2.PNG
Hiker

[ New ]

and what does it mean if no icon is displayed on a file? like on my screenshot above. 

Thank you. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional information that you provided, @borisv613. From the images that you posted, it looks like those duplicate files do not get the cloud symbol. The cloud with the clock icon indicates that they are queued up for uploading. They will be uploaded once your mobile phone is connected to a stable network. 

We'll forward this to the team. Please help us with the following information. Which iOS device are you using? Also, which OS is it running on? Have you updated to the recently-released version 16.6 of the GoPro App? Also, a screenshot showing Auto Offload is off. Many thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

I see only version 6.16 of GoPro app in appstore (at least for my iphone X). I have just updated to that. As said, I'm using Iphone X with latest ios on it. I don't know how to see auto-offload now. There's no option like this anymore in settings.

I still think that the issue is related to iphone "auto-removal when not used" - when ios removes applications from the device to icloud when they're not used for longer time, and then reinstalls it once you want to open. apparently something went wrong there. 

IMG_7473-2.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

@borisv613. See if you can find the Auto Offload setting through this path: 

On the GoPro App, go to Settings, then Preferences, then Auto offload.

Hiker

[ New ]

duplicates still there.

duplicates3.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

auto-offload off. 

offload.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @borisv613

Thank you for the information shared.

We are reviewing this.

Can you check if these files are pulling up via gopro.com/login?

Also, If you have access to another phone, would you mind downloading the GoPro App?

Sign in with your Plus account and check the Cloud tab.

Transfer one photo or a short video and see if the same happens.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Can you check if these files are pulling up via gopro.com/login? - I'm not sure what do you mean by that. 

No, I don't have access to another phone. Everything else except gopro app works fine on my iphone X.