Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Gopro 9 bundle prices fraud

[ New ]

Have you noticed how fraudulent and misleading Gopro camera prices now are? Just tried to buy a bundle as advertized. See Screnshot. 

Note that it shows the price for a customer logged in with plus account. 

GP1.PNG
Hiker

Re: Gopro 9 bundle prices fraud

[ New ]

yet when you add the item to cart the price is different! (see second screenshot). 

how this is possible? 

GP2.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @borisv613

Please note that the Subscription bundles are available for new subscribers.

Existing subscribers get a camera discount. Check out GoPro Subscription Discounts

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

yea, sure, but perhaps in this case the webpage shouldn't show me - logged in PLUS user a discounted price, allow to add discounted items to cart, proceed with address and shipping details and then show significantly higher price once you press "PAY"? Doesn't anyone think it's bad practice? Not even speaking about the fact that the item is cheaper for new customer than it is for existing.

Imagine you walking into the shop and looking at 60" TV for, say 699.99 EUR. You take the TV, go to cashier who asks you - have you ever bought a TV in our shop? Yes? Then the price is 899.99. That's how one builds brand loyalty, right? 

Tourist

[ New ]
I actually went through with my purchase as a subscriber and did not receive the Daytripper backpack because I am a subscriber.

The entire suite of offers is a con designed to trick existing customers into purchasing products.

Trash. They know exactly what they are doing.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I would say close to illegal practice. C'mon GoPro, you should have a lottle more respect for your patrons. CEO should be all over this and have heads rolling. We have supported you enough over the years due to your charity attributes and company ethics but this is sour grapes. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Similar to my situation. I got attracted by free backpack (that's no there anymore). Decided to upgrade, buying new gopro bundle, but with such price policy and attitude. No way! 

Plus member since 2015. No respect at all. Just need new subscribers to report and inflate stock prices. 

Hiker

[ New ]

this is SO messed up! GoPro, what are you doing??!!! Your hardware is really good, can't say the same about software and business practices. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Gopro 9 bundle prices fraud

[ New ]

Es steht ja im unteren Bereich das es nur mit einem 1-Jahres GoPro abo verfügbar ist.