Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoProPlus problème d'importation

Bonjour, 

J'ai une gopro hero 5 session et j'ai filmé quasiment 300 Go de vidéos réparties sur 3 carte SD et un disque dur externe. J'ai l'abonnement GoPro Plus donc j'ai essayé de mettre mes vidéos sur le cloud mais cela ne marche pas. Mon disque dur se déconnecte car cela prend beaucoup de temps , environ 4h pour un Go. Deplus, j'ai essayé via ma gopro avec la carte SD mais cela ne marche pas non plus.

Si vous pouvez m'aider, je suis preneur merci !

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoProPlus problème d'importation

Hello, @remito1st. If you would like to upload your media through the GoPro App, please go through these steps:

1. Sign in to the GoPro App using your GoPro PLUS account information. 

2. Once on the App, go to Settings (gear icon on the lower right corner), then My Account, then under GoPro PLUS, make sure that Mobile Upload is in blue. 

3. Pair your camera to the App. 

4. Download your media from the camera to the App. 

5. When the media are on the App already (seen under APP tab), disconnect the camera from the App.

6. Your media will automatically be uploaded to the PLUS cloud as soon as your phone connects to a Wi-Fi network like your home network.

This means the phone will not be connected to the camera's Wi-Fi and the Internet Wi-Fi at the same time.  

The media will show different icons to indicate their status in terms of upload. See GoPro PLUS Mobile Upload for reference. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@remito1st, the upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your device has a stable Wi-Fi connection.

Are you uploading regular videos, or are the media captured using other modes (TimeLapse, TimeWarp, 360)? Do you get an error message? How large are the files that you are trying to upload? Are these chaptered files?  

Also, see if uploading through other methods will help

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @aenriquez ! Thank you for helping me ! 

I'm uploading files from my wifi connection which is stable. Yes, I think it is regular size videos.

I do not get an error message it just takes forever so my external disk crashes. 

I'm uploading them manually right now, one by one or my computer won't let me doing it even If I have a really good one.

Same with my phone, I'm doing it 5 by 5 but it still takes a long time.

As well I have 2 others questions related to this subject since I'm new. My camera says she needs 3Go of free space to upload videos on the cloud, what can I do if my SD card is full ?

Let's say I uploaded some videos on my cloud, if I'm erasing the file where they are from, am I erasing the file of the cloud ? 

Thank you, take care

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@remito1st, uploading a large file size may take some time. The upload speed and whether or not that file will upload will be based on your network. You can also try using a wired connection to see if it'll help.

On my computer, I import my files to Quik for Desktop then mostly just start up the app and let it run during the night when I want it to upload to the GoPro PLUS cloud. The  "automatically upload media to the cloud" option in the app has to be enabled in this process.

When using the Auto Upload functionality in the GoPro camera, it requires 3GB of free space on the microSD card before it can initiate the process. You can try removing some files from the card to free up some storage space. Otherwise, you'll have to use the other methods.

One other method that I frequently use is the Mobile Upload through the GoPro App. If you have this feature enabled in the app on your mobile device, the media files that are downloaded from the GoPro camera to the app will be automatically uploaded to PLUS once your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi. This method runs automatically in the background, and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. I find this process very helpful at times when I don't bring my laptop with me during travels -- I download the photos and videos to my phone using the app, then let it upload to PLUS while my phone connected to Wi-Fi.

When the media files are already uploaded to your PLUS, deleting the original source file will not delete the file on the cloud. For example, deleting the files in the camera's SD card will not affect the contents that are already uploaded to your PLUS Media Library. On the other hand, deleting through the Quik for Desktop library will remove the footage both from your hard drive (if it's stored locally) AND from the cloud.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey @aenriquez ! I hope you are doing good.

What computer do you have ? 

I can't download the files from my Gopro to the Cloud with my MacBook. I have not much storage left on it and it says I need to have a file where to put the videos on while I'm backing them up on the cloud. 

The only way is through my phone one by one, thanks though for your explication but i don't know how to do it. 

I don't know how to do the thing you told me to do via my phone with the wifi in background because I have to connect my phone by wifi to the gopro so the wifi is unavailable. 

I think it takes time because of my Hard Drive, it seems to be a bad one so a slow one but I have really important videos on it. 

For the cloud, do you mean that if I had to put my video on the cloud with my phone and delete them through the gopto app to have storage to do the same thing again I won't be able to find them again on my cloud ever ?

Thank you ! Have a good day !

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @remito1st. If you would like to upload your media through the GoPro App, please go through these steps:

1. Sign in to the GoPro App using your GoPro PLUS account information. 

2. Once on the App, go to Settings (gear icon on the lower right corner), then My Account, then under GoPro PLUS, make sure that Mobile Upload is in blue. 

3. Pair your camera to the App. 

4. Download your media from the camera to the App. 

5. When the media are on the App already (seen under APP tab), disconnect the camera from the App.

6. Your media will automatically be uploaded to the PLUS cloud as soon as your phone connects to a Wi-Fi network like your home network.

This means the phone will not be connected to the camera's Wi-Fi and the Internet Wi-Fi at the same time.  

The media will show different icons to indicate their status in terms of upload. See GoPro PLUS Mobile Upload for reference. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @mariustanya , I'm happy it is finally working for me ! Thanks for your advice ! Have a wondeful day !

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to hear that, @remito1st. Glad to know that the mobile upload is working now. Thank you for posting back and sharing the result of troubleshooting. Enjoy using your GoPro and stay safe!