Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

GoPro iPhone APP auto upload to Cloud (Stories)

[ New ]

So I have Windows PC, Hero8, using the GoPro iPhone App.  When I create a story on the GoPro iPhone App does that automatically synce/upload to the GoPro Plus Cloud?  

When I sign onto my GoPro.Com Plus Account and look at my Media, I don't see it, I just see the dropdown for Stories, but it's the Quick Stories.

Very Confusing that Quik and the GoPro app are both GoPro products, very similar but don't upload similar.  Confused...

If the GoPro App Stories don't sync/upload.  What is the best way to Archive them (to computer)???

GoPro

Re: GoPro iPhone APP auto upload to Cloud (Stories)

[ New ]

Hi @nutshellml

Once saved, edits done should be uploaded to PLUS.

Make sure you are signed in with the correct account and that the Mobile upload option is turned on.

If the upload is not initiating, try switching this option off.

Relaunch the app before turning it back on.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 My created stories on my GoPro iPhone App (not Quik) are NOT synced/uploaded to cloud.  I tried the steps below.  I see the Quik stories, but not the saved GoPro App Stories.    I see my other "media" the photos, videos, etc, but not the created stories.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nutshellml

We have released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006  Thanks, so are you now saying that GOPRO APP Edited/Created Stories will now be backed up to the cloud?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nutshellml

Stories created in the GoPro app are automatically uploaded to the cloud upon share or export.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

So no stories created on my GOPRO APP (iPhone) are being upload to the cloud.  The only stories that are on the cloud are the Quik stories.

How is it that GOPROs own app won't upload the stories.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

Aside from 1) no stories created on my GOPRO APP (iPhone) are being upload to the cloud.  The only stories that are on the cloud are the Quik stories.

The only way to SHARE a GoPro Story made on the GoPro App is to save to PHOTOS and then text video?  QUIK was great as it uploaded to the CLOUD to have a shareable link for peopel to view in HD.

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes, @nutshellml. Stories created in the GoPro app will automatically be uploaded to the cloud only when they get saved to the phone or exported. Once on the PLUS cloud, it can also be shared to other people through a link.