Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

GoPro Subscription offer won't apply to existing customers!!

[ New ]

I had an existing goPro subscription I bought GoPro 9 which came with 1 year free and now they are telling me they can't help cause I used the email I had and instead I should have used a different one. 4 days after I bought the camera I called customer service to ask and confirm annual subscription has been applied and I won't get charged again and she told me no problem sir you won't get charged and if you do we will refund you... When I called again to verify cause it was coming due to my billing date the next customer service rep told me no I am not receiving the annual subscription for free cause I used an existing email... So existing customers don't get the offer only new ones do! The customer service suggested I should return the camera (even though I don't have any of the packaging or any appetite to go to a Covid-19 post office) and after they process the refund to put another gopro 9 camera order... when I asked why can't I just purchase the £50 annual subscription and they can refund me she said "...unfortunately our system doesn't allow us to refund" which is strange since that is exactly what the first rep told me they would do... Instead she did offer to give me a shortie for my inconvenience!!!!! WOW if that is not false advertising I don't know what is, I really would just wish GoPro finally fixes this mess they created and stop screwing their existing customers. Extremely poor and inconsistent customer service...

My case number is 08337383 if anyone cares to finally address the issue numerous of your customers seems to have. 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Subscription offer won't apply to existing customers!!

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @hellas13. We will pass this along to the Support team. 

The annual subscription associated with the HERO9 Black bundle applies only to new subscribers as detailed in the terms and conditions. You got a camera discount instead being an active subscriber at the time of purchase. 

Tourist

[ New ]

That was nowhere written when I purchased the camera and after communicating with customer service they confirmed the offer is for all customers... get your communications right , you really should speak to each other

Nomad

[ New ]

They done the same to me on my subscription all because I done the 1 month free trial. Twice they called me. First time they hanged up straight away after my phone rang twice, then they ran again. I picked up then they hanged up. What a joke 

Tourist

[ New ]

they have done it to every existing customer... I don't know why they would make such a stupid decision on the launch of their flagship product to existing loyal customers... It is unbelievable!!