Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Subscription not Active even after purchase

Hello, @christiana72150. We used the email address on your Hub profile but we are unable to pull up any record of an order or any contact request with Support. Perhaps another email was used since you mentioned that you were not the one who placed the order. In this case, please connect with our Support team so a case could be created for you. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@nibser, @jaymoid, @urošŠ87, @fitben99, @mzoslater

Our Support team has already raised your concerns to the Subscriptions team. Thank you for the details that you provided. Your Support cases are in progress. Once the team responds, the respective representatives handling your case will provide you an update. 

@bluesky2020, yours is a subscription case as well, but different with the rest. Your case has been raised to the Subscriptions team, too. 

It would be best to continue working with our Support team regarding this matter. We have also noted your case numbers so we can monitor progress on our end. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the support!

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks so much
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks, it's good to hear someone is looking into this, are there any update to this?

I just got this confusing email:
Hi James,

Good day!

As per our team there must be some error that's why the subscription was not activated.
You can go ahead and subscribe trough Website or Gopro App.

If you have any questions about your case, please use this link to contact a member of our team: https://gopro.com/help

Many thanks,
John Jefferson
GoPro Support
ref:_00Do0HJuF._5003b1X3Lhl:ref

This didn't make any sense, for a few reasons:

1) re: "You can go ahead and subscribe trough Website or Gopro App". I already have purchased a subscription with the camera, if I go to the website or app, my only option is to subscribe to gopro subscription by paying for it! I don't want to pay twice, I just want the subscription that I have already paid for!

2) It doesn't tell me exactly what to do on the app or website, suffice to say when I log into either the app or website I see no indication that GoPro have successfully applied the subscription to my account. If I try to subscribe, it tries to charge me,.

3) Is the ticket/support query now closed? I tried replying but I got a blanket reply saying that Gopro ignore emails sent to support@gopro.com (where they sent the mail from) and that I should contact the support pages, it took about 1h30 of waiting, to even get a chat with a support agent last time, and I'm now out of the business hours, until next week. Suuuper frustrating.

The email was not helpful, just more frustrating and confusing.

Please tell me there is an end in sight?!

Highlighted
Tourist

@jaymoid 

welcome to the club, this is a total rip-off to existing customer; have a look here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Subscribe-to-GoPro/free-membership-with-hero-9/m-p/779798#/M7288

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @jaymoid

Sorry for any confusion.

We have reviewed the case and see that though the subscription was part of the order, it was not billed/charged successfully.

To proceed with the subscription you can sign up through this link.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hello @jaymoid

Sorry for any confusion.

We have reviewed the case and see that though the subscription was part of the order it was not billed/charged successfully.

To proceed with the subscription you can sign up through this link.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Ej

Hi Ej, thanks for getting back to me.

if I follow the link you have provided: I am presented with this screenScreenshot 2020-10-09 at 19.15.00.png

This give me two options: clicking "subscribe" or "sign in"

if I click subscribe, it adds the subscription to the cart.
Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 19.15.37.png

^ This is obviously no good, I have already paid £49.99  when I bought the camera, but the subscription has not applied.

If I click subscribe, it takes me to my logged in account settings...
Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 19.15.24.png

I have no indication that I am subscribed to the GoPro subscription, quite the opposite, as the advertisement at the top is promtping me to "Subscribe Now".

In response to your comment:
We have reviewed the case and see that though the subscription was part of the order it was not billed/charged successfully.

Here's my order email, you can see I have been charged for the subscription:
Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 19.23.30.png

... But the subscription has not applied.

Please can you apply the subscription.

Many thanks

James