Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Subscription not Active even after purchase

Done Chat and received call from gopro customer service. Still the problem not yet resolved.

1. If resolved from when my subscription starts? Except offer price while purchasing I didnt use any other facility for subscription.

2. Bad signal issue when receiving call from your customer care ( 2 calls received, one for the billing system issue and delivery,
Second regarding subscription ) all calls where not clear. First I thought It was my phone problem, but other UK (+44) calls are ok.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, 

thanks for reaching out.

I already contacted the support and they said they will look into it, but that was almost 2 weeks ago now and still no response. How long do we have to wait to get a response?

Highlighted
Tourist

I also have his issue, it's been over 2 weeks since purchase.

I have contacted customer services THREE times, I have a case number. each time I am told it will get applied, fed up of waiting as I want to purchase from the accessory shop with discount. I was told it would take 72 hours, that was over a week ago.

This is piss-poor service go pro. Sort it out.

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, at least they told you that they will fix it. They told me just that they will take a look at it.

I still don't know how will they resolve it, if they will at all.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ah what a joke...

The last support person suggested I get a trial subscription in the mean time, and cancel before the 30 days is up, however....
1) I cant find anywhere to get a trial
2) It's just more hassle
3) it will probably interfere with the ongoing support case
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

wellI'm two weeks in tomorrow morning.  Last Monday, after a week, and on my 4th chat session ( maybe more) the guy Monday said theat he understood my issue, would contact te tech team, and they would contact me by email with a resolution.  The kid at least fiollowed up Tuesday with an email saying he had passed my info on but noyt heard back.  Back in Comp sci class 1979, this was called being stuck in an infinite loop.

GoPro gets one try tomorroew AM, ok, two.  I will chat, then ttry to get a call back.  at a minimum, I AM DEMANDING A DISCOUNT CODE TO USE ON AN ACCESSORY ORDER TOMORROW

There is no reason, with so many having this discount issue just by scanning this chat area, that GO PRO cannot give each of us an email ( they have our account and email associate dwith it) and at a minimum send us a discount code to use on an order.  After two weeks, with what should be a simple software swith in their system to link our account to the discount they sold us not being done, it is the least they could do.  And as PO'd as people are here, they might offer something more generous than the discounts as scheduled.  

Apparently, GOPRO has zero customer service talent, and no post sale marketing staff or any with customer relationship skills.

My camera has missed three bike ride test opportunities.  Yea, OUI could go buy a vented helmet strap at REI or somewhere, but i should have been able to order and have delivered to me 10 days ago the 8 accessory items I want to go with my camera usage needs.  Hello, Hello, is there anybody out there?  Can you hear me Major GoPro, or are you sitting in your tin can, far across the sky, planet earth is gone, and nothing you can do?

Resolution and an order placed tomorrow - trust me, a simple discount code so me, and all those you have failed to service, can at least place an initial discounted order - simple, and reasonable.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey Ej, 

have you, or anyone on the GOPRO team, noticed there are tens of people just on this conversation board who bought the HERO9 with FREE YEAR GOPRO Account for which after weeks, your team has solved nothing, done nothing?  I suggest you do not tell us to contact customer support.  I have had 4, maybe 5 chats.  The last one, JUBUEN said he understood the problem, was passing it to tech, and they would send me email instruction to fix the issue,  Tuesday, at least Jubuen tex'd me and said he had heard nothing, and since then, I have heard nothing.

Here is what you, not we, need to do.  Send everyone who has been screwed for a week or two  ( or more) from ordering accessories at a discount a discount code to our emails ( you have those, and most of us followed the initial email and have setup our accounts - so you "know" who we are.  At least we could order discounted accessories.  ( Note, we need to be able to add out of stock items ( like for me the sports pack) to the orders so they ship to us at discount when in stock.  

This is an easy, reasonable first step. Then you need to hire some competent tech people who can lingk and account to a sales discount ( most HS kids can do this, some middle school, and a few elemenntary school kids)

do you not sense the volume of anger this simple problem weeks unsolved is creating  - for CUSTOMERS?

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue, my girlfriend bought me this gopro and i created an account with my email and i do not have the subscription yet we checked her credit card and she was charged for the "subscription" this is absolutey ridiculous becuase i would like to purchase accessories as well. GoPro you really need to fix your customer support. I wish i never asked for a gopro if i knew their company was this bad.