Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

GoPro Plus doesn't allow 50% off for the new Lithium Ion Rechargeable battery??

[ New ]

I just recently purchased some of the new rechargeable lithium ion btteries for the hero 8 at 50% off using gopro plus.  But I signed in today to gopro plus to order a few more batteries and they do not have the discount for them anymore.  What happened??  The regular, previous version battery still has the 50% discount but why not the new ones anymore??

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Plus doesn't allow 50% off for the new Lithium Ion Rechargeable battery??

[ New ]

No, they have said that they have realised the new batteries cost more than the old ones therefore it is not cost effective for them to offer the 50% discount to their GoPro Plus customers. They do not care that most of their GoPro customers would have only become members to benefit from the reduced batteries.

Hiker

Re: GoPro Plus doesn't allow 50% off for the new Lithium Ion Rechargeable battery??

[ New ]

That is bogus.  Don't they have this stuff figured out before offering it to the public???  

Sightseer

[ New ]
Exactly, I personally think it’s because of the whole hassle they’ve received regarding customers not being able to purchase batteries on their own. And complaining that we can’t benefit from the reduced price in other outlets and we are having to pay full price therefore I think they’ve increased the price so people can’t argue it’s cheaper on GoPro than elsewhere.
Tourist

[ New ]

I’m frustrated by this, I’m in my 30 day trial period and going to cancel my Plus subscription.

ive just ordered two from Halfords for £19.99 today and get free delivery tomorrow (you need to spend over £40 for the free delivery so I just added a cleaning cloth costing £1).

Tourist

[ New ]

I’ve just cancelled my subscription and took the opportunity to tell them the reason was the removal of the 50% discount on batteries and their refusal to send them to the UK using the excuse that they couldn’t transport them by air despite the fact everyone knows they are sent by land and sea in a container.

I suggest others do the same, it might make them sit up and take notice when they start loosing multiple subscriptions that is going to hit them in the pocket.

Nomad

[ New ]

I too signed up partly to get some batteries, and as I'm in the UK they wouldn't send them. Seeing as i cant even upload any video files now i too have cancelled my Plus subscription. What a waste of time.