Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

GoPro Plus cloud storage media suddenly disappears after deleting a folder in settings of Quik

[ New ]

Hello, I have just deleted the media folder in settings of Quik for Desktop after I have uploaded my media to GoPro Plus cloud storage.

After that, I found all media in the cloud DISAPPEARS. I want to know why the media are deleted, and how to recover them?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Plus cloud storage media suddenly disappears after deleting a folder in settings of Quik

[ New ]

Hello @hycwong. Deleting the media files through the Quik for Desktop will also remove the content from the GoPro PLUS cloud.

After making certain that your media have been saved to the PLUS cloud, you can delete the files from your computer ( file finder or file explorer) instead of from Quik. 

The default location for the imported media from the camera is under the following path:

• /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro - Mac
  • C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro - Windows

To recover your files, you can reimport and upload the media files if you still have them on the SD card.

If the SD card is no longer an option, unfortunately, we do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data. However, you may be able to perform a Google search to find various data recovery options to recover the footage that had been lost. Yet, please do your research on whichever data recovery software is best for you as it may require activation of the software and there may be varying costs.