Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

GoPro Plus Subscription, Switzerland

[ New ]

Subscription:

1. I just ordered the GoPro Hero 9 with the subscription. Now, on the GoPro SWISS Homepage it states, that with the subscription you can exchange your GoPro in case it's broken, no question asked. Well, only after ordering I saw that this is NOT the case for Switzerland. Sorry, but WHY do you advertise on the SWISS GoPro Site a feature, that does not exist for Switzerland?! In my opinion, this is not just misleading, it is intentionally misleading! I'll definitely not buy a subscription ever again under this circumstances! 
  2. An other issue: in Switzerland the legal warranty is always two years. In the EU as well. My GoPro is being sent from the EU. But if I dig into the warranty section, it only talkes about a one-year warranty. Will the 2-year or 1-year warranty apply? If it's only 1 year, I'll never ever buy from the GoPro Homepage again. If I'm ever to buy another GoPro, I will go to a store in Switzerland, where the 2-year warranty will apply, no matter what.

App:

1. Why can the App on a Tablet not be used in Landscape mode??? For a company that builds such an advanced Actioncam, I cannot believe, that such a basic thing is still not available (people have been complaining for years in this forum. And well... it's 2021, not 2011)
  2. Why is there only an auto-upload mode for the cloud? I want to choose myself which videos go in the cloud and which not, but there is no manual upload option. Sorry, it's my data, I want to select what goes to the cloud and what not. Also, I have disabled auto-upload, but it still is uploading my footage whitout my consent!! I also cannot turn it off, because in the app it is not enabled in the first place!

I'm sorry GoPro, but this just doesn't cut it. I've bought the Hero 6 a couple years ago, but only used the App sparingly (and only on the phone). I was going to create more videos in the future so I needed a second cam, that's why I ordered the Hero 9 and started digging deeper into the app. Of course, it was my fault for not realizing the above mentioned problems, and the order has already been placed. But it's still infurating to see such basic things being totally inadequate for 2021 and an international tech company!

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Plus Subscription, Switzerland

[ New ]

So, no answer from GoPro?? I thought this is not just a community forum, but also a Support Hub...

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Plus Subscription, Switzerland

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @scorp81. Please see the responses below: 

Subscription

1. We have raised this query with the team and are awaiting an update. On the product page for GoPro Subscription, there is a footnote that links an article with the list of countries eligible for camera replacement. 
  2. The warranty for EU is two (2) years as described at Warranty Information (EU)

App

1. Which particular device are you using and which OS is it on? The landscape orientation for the app is not supported on all devices. Our App Team is aware of the issue and has this included in future plans. We do not have a definite status on it though. 
  2. There is an option to manually upload to the cloud which allows you to upload only the files that you choose. This is done out of the Quik app and on a computer. This entails saving your files on a computer, logging into your account through GoPro.com, and uploading your files by drag-and-drop method. Performing a factory reset on the camera will disable the Auto Upload function. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Subscription

1. no news on this...? A footnote is not really helpful, when there is a feature advertised in big letters on the front page of the abonnement service (of a country where it doesn't apply!!)! I think GoPro should make sure that in the countries where this is not supported, it should NOT be advertised!

2. Switzerland is NOT in the EU...! So, what will apply here?

App

1. iPad Pro 2019, latest iOS

2. So, without hard reset of the device, I'm stuck at auto-upload...? Also, uploading only the files I want to, doesn't seem to work. Only all or nothing.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @scorp81. Our Support Team will be able to look into warranty options for you. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Are you uploading through GoPro.com using a computer? This method always allows selective uploading of files. Will you be able to send a screenshot of what you see on your end? This will help us get a better understanding of the issue with uploading to the cloud. Thanks!