Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro Plus Cloud upload speed

Hi, I'm uploading from my work computer to the GoPro Plus cloud using GoPro Quik for Windows and it takes forever. During that hour that it took to upload 2% of 85 GB (so 1,7 GB), I uploaded 50 GB of those videos to the Google Cloud. It's now 4 hours later and still just at 10% of 85 GB.

What's the speed of the GoPro Plus service?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Plus Cloud upload speed

Hi @sylvaing

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

The upload speed and wether or not that file will upload will be based off of your network. If you are not using a wired connection make sure your machine does not resort to a sleep/hibernation mode. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

Hi, thanks for the reply but if you reread my first post, you'll notice that I specifically said that transfering 50 GB to Google Gloud took an hour while during that same interval, only 1.7 GB got to GoPro Plus Cloud so it's obviously not my Internet speed, otherwise Google transfer would have been slow as well. At work, my PC is connected to a wired 1 gbs connection and our Internet line is 2 gbs and far from being saturared as you can see from this graph (firewall Internet traffic load)

Firewall.png

To me, it points more toward GoPro having a not so good Internet connection to upload our videos.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm jumping on this thread, too. My GoPro Plus upload times seem sort of pokey at best and downright slow at other times. What kind of average upload throughput speeds should GoPro Plus users be expecting on the cloud side assuming their internet provider is not the bottleneck?