Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

GoPro Media Library download problems

[ New ]

The GoPro Media Library has some issues.

1. If I try to download multiple files by selecting several with the upper-left-corner checkboxes on the preview image tiles, I have to individually specify a download location for each one. Why can't the files be donwloaded in one .zip file, as OneDrive will do?
  2. The download process will arbitrarily stop after 5 or 6 files.
  3. The Media Library view has no way to show the files in a list - so if you got half of the files you selected, there's no way to efficiently identify and select just the ones that did not download in the first a(aborted) attempt. You just ahve to try each one indidivually to see if it is already downloaded.

I really like being able to keep all my GoPro files in the cloud, but the user interface sucks.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Media Library download problems

[ New ]

Hello, @bikesblades. Are you accessing your cloud media library through GoPro.com? We just tried on our end and we were able to download multiple files at the same time without having to specify the download location. 

By the download process arbitrarily stopping, do you mean only the first files get downloaded? There is a known issue regarding downloading multiple files that might be related. This issue shows that not all selected files are downloaded. Some files will have to re-downloaded to the computer. 

Our team is aware of item 3. We will post about it once we hear back from them. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes - I am accessing the Media Library through gopro.com, using Chrome as my broswer.

If I start one "session" of donwloads and set the correct download path, each file needs ot have this path set. However, if I leave the browser open and start another "session," the default path is now pointing to the path I set manually for ach file inthe first session. So you could have misleading results in your experiments if you are never chaninging your path from whatever comes up by default.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the clarification on the issue, @bikesblades. We will share this with the team as well.