Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

GoPro Media Library - File Names

[ New ]

One thing I hate about the online GoPro Media Library is there is no way to see what the file name is.  Is there a way to have it pop up as I hover over the thumbnail or be displayed when displaying the video?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Media Library - File Names

[ New ]

Hello @mbarrus73. This is currently not a feature in the GoPro cloud. Anyhow, we're continuously working on improving the experience of our users. We'll share this with our team. Let us know if anything else comes up

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. 

I'll give you a scenario where it's really annoying not knowing the file names.

When viewing a video within the online medial library, I have the option to download it.  The download takes a while sometimes and/or I get distracted.  I come back and can't remember if I download the file or not. 

There is no way of referencing the file that I am viewing within the online media library and what is on my local file system.  So, I click download, only to find out that I already downloaded it.  It's annoying.

GoPro

[ New ]

@mbarrus73, apologies for the inconvenience this may be causing you. We value your suggestions and will try our best to improve our product for users. We'll share the details with our team.

Sightseer

[ New ]

It does make the media library a misnomer.  Every library or collection utilizes many tags or names for help in finding what you want.  This is NOT a media library but mearly storage, like all tossed in a box.  Not having file names is an amazing oversight.  Litterally cannot concieve of the headspace that would not include that field.  It is just a field, very easy to add from a programing perspective.  Minuets to do.  Amazing level of lazy not to just add it.  Truly impressive.

Sightseer

[ New ]

It only takes an hour for your programers to add a field to the data base for file name.  If you care, fix it.

Tourist

[ New ]

From what I can tell, they are already storing the field because when I download it from the Media Library it has the file name as if I viewed it on the SD card.  What they aren't doing is displaying it.  So, yea.  Just display the information that you already have.

The tags idea is awesome.  I want to tag a group of images not only by date like it currently does, but maybe activity or location.  That would rocks.