Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

GoPro Customer Service permanently unavailable - seriously frustrating even w plus & faulty product

[ New ]
My entire GoPro experience has been absolutely horrendous. I wish I never purchased a product. At Singapore airport I bought a brand new Go Pro Hero 8. I was disappointed to find out upon opening that the battery door did not close properly. This was in March 2020. I was able to get in touch with CS and they agreed it was a faulty product, and a replacement will be sent to the given address. The replacement never arrived, and I have not been able to get back in touch with customer service since. I am holding a product I cannot use , since it is NOT waterproof, and also unable to reach the company to mitigate the problem and come up with a solution. I have spent countless hours and days - either assigning the case as a new one, or as a follow up on my old case, to no avail. I have requested a call back during business hours numerous times, a call never came. I signed up to wait for chat support, it doesn’t happen. I signed up for Go Pro Plus to get 24/7 chat access, it does not seem to be making any difference. This has been the most upsetting purchasing experience from any company I can recall. It is bordering atrocious that they get away with it. Anybody here has similar experience, and is able to share how they managed to get the support they needed?
Tourist

Re: GoPro Customer Service permanently unavailable - seriously frustrating even w plus & faulty

[ New ]
Be aware!!! I advise you to check your bank accounts for faulty and repeat charges for that Plus subscription. I am currently trying for days to contact CS to be refunded the 3 seperate $50+ charges each month they ve charged me incorrectly! Not to mention I cancelled 2 months ago. And have confirmation email proving so. THIS IS THEFT GOPRO!!!!!
GoPro

Re: GoPro Customer Service permanently unavailable - seriously frustrating even w plus & faulty p...

[ New ]

Hello @dianad73426. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I was able to locate your Support case using the email address associated with your Support Hub profile. A ticket is currently open for you and our Support Team will contact you as soon as they're available. We appreciate your patience.

Tourist

Re: GoPro Customer Service permanently unavailable - seriously frustrating even w plus & faulty

[ New ]

Sorry to jump on your thread but I've also experienced shocking CS support issues. Signed up to Go Pro Plus but took a week for my account to be verified, an issue that had to be recitified their end but getting in contact is a nightmare. Eventually got through on the chat (took two hours) and then then said to expect a call from CS which also took some time and they also couldn't fix it. A week later they fixed it but never called me to say it was resolved but got an email saying my case was closed.

I'm also waiting for a refund for a Go Pro I sent back, day after I received it and that's been nearly two weeks now.

When trying to contact CS it says expect a wait time of around 5 mins. That's never been the case for me! Basically, it's a shocking CS experience and expected more.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the experience, @wayneyg. It is definitely not one that we would like you to have. We see that Support has attempted to call you back a number of times but they cannot seem to reach your number. Please make sure that your number allows calls fro unknown numbers or toll-free ones. 

Based on the record, we see that a refund has already been processed last week. It typically takes 10 to 15 business for the amount to be reflected on your account. You may check with your bank regularly for updates. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Dear GoPro, 

The main issue is that CS does NOT follow up all the way until the issue is resolved. They give a call back once, and if one is not able to take the phone, at a random time they are calling, the ticket is closed. I am requested to file a new ticket, referencing the same case number. In the past week, I have filled out the contact us form, about 50 times. It is 50 x 3 minutes of my time, plus I have to take the initiative to go on your page and ask for a contact again. It is unneccessary, since I am giving the exact same information every single time, that you already have on file. You have my phone number, you know what the issue is, you have the serial number of the product, you have my email. Why is it so difficult then, to move from initial contact to resolution of the issue, at a time and age when everything can be accomplished online. I am told I am contacting you outside of business hours, even when I am not. And every single time I attempt a chat, even with Go Pro Plus, your agents are busy, and I am asked to try again at a later time. This process puts a high deman on the customer, to keep engaging, keep trying, keep putting in the very same information over and over again - without any hope the issue is actually being handled, yet alone resolved responsibility by the manufacturer. I am stuck on a remote island of Indonesia since months, I cannot fix network issue here, so naturally sometimes I won't have internet or mobile. Yet, with a global brand like GoPro, it is hard to believe that there would be no way to resolve my issue and move forward with it, in the absence of not being able to connect online or over the phone at the same time. I would very much appreciate to see more of an ownership mindset over the issue from GoPro customer service, meaning that they take the issue seriously, as if it were their own, and took me over each step until the resolution without me having to attempt to get in touch over and over again. Also, I would appreciate some sort of a flexibility over the means of communication, and if phone contact is unsuccessful, and live chat is nonstop unavailable, perhaps it is time to try an e-mail conversation instead. Please let me know what is possible on your end, I am very much at the point, where I will just tell my credit card company to withdraw my payment for the product, since it is faulty and stop trying to deal with it directly with Go Pro, since it is an enourmous hassle. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanyaI was told the money would be back on my account by the 18th (today) but still nothing. You confirmed receipt of the item 22 days ago! That's honestly shocking!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Chat after multiple tries pops up a blank page, and I am staring at it, not knowing what to expect. Is it working? Why is there no message in it? Is it frozen or crashed? And no phone call for days.

You could easily accept requests by an old reliable email or even a form, but it seems that you don't want to get reached.

I didn't move to another camera choice because of the GoPro plus warranty wich you so aggressively promote. GoPro plus is not working as advertised at all.

If you do not resolve this soon, I will not upgrade to hero 9, and it is going to be my first and last subscription.