Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Files on camera but not in cloud, yet cannot upload

I have two files on my camera, but they will not upload to my GoPro plus account. When I try to manually upload, it says there are no files to be uploaded.  I have auto uploads turned on, and I have had my camera connected for a couple days now. It seems like the GoPro plus account does not recognize that these new files need to be uploaded. And I cannot find any way to force them to upload.  Any recommendations on how I can get these files transferred to the cloud?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Files on camera but not in cloud, yet cannot upload

I am having (and have had) the same issue.  I have everything set up to auto upload, yet it never does.  Also when I plug it in to upload to the cloud, I get the death circle and the 0% uploaded or the error and try again.  This really should not be this difficult.  I cannot even upload from the app.  It says that their is nothing to upload, yet (trust me) there is.  I see that this has been an on going problem for many customers.  

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @superflame48286 @bravejump8800

Sorry for any trouble caused.

See if resetting the camera will help.

Follow the steps on Reset Camera Settings

Once done, set up Auto-Upload again.

You may also check Common GoPro PLUS Auto Upload Issues

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have tried this and it did not work.   I have loaded some new media on the camera, and it appeared to connect and sync the new files to my cloud account, but then, I cannot see the files in my cloud account.  Kind of scary - I wonder where the files are being uploaded to?!

I have now tried downloading to a pc and tried uploading the media directly from a pc.   6 days of trying, and some of the files transferred, but with the naming convention, it is impossible to determine which files have been transferred and which ones are not backed up in the cloud.   

I am happy to pay for GoPro Plus as long as it works reliably and does not require this amount of effort.   But so far, it has not impressed.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @bravejump8800. For the files that are not uploading and are in the Media tab on the GoPro App, do you see any of the following symbols tagged on them?

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload

CLOUD+UP - Item uploading

CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed

EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading

Where do you get the message indicating that there is nothing to upload? Is it in the app? Which version of the app are you using? 

If you haven't yet, please log in to plus.gopro.com and see if you have any uploaded media in the library. Filtering with "Recently Added" will help with the search. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @superflame48286. How do you access your PLUS media? Do you log in to plus.gopro.com? Do you view the media through the GoPro App? If you are checking through the web, filtering with "Recently Added" will help with checking for the most recently uploaded media. 

Were the files in question regular video files? Are they chaptered files? Did you get any error message on the camera when you first tried to add them to the PLUS cloud via auto upload (that is, with the camera as a hub)? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Where do I start...   

When I access the files on my GoPro camera directly, it shows me two large files (39:59 in length and 48:07 in length).   When I access the media by connecting my phone to the camera using the GoPro plus connection, I can see 9 files that are 8:53 long, and 2 files that are 4:32 and 3:47 long.  When I go to my GoPro plus cloud account, there are 7 files that are 8:53 long, and the two shorter files.   So there are 2 x 8:53 files missing from the cloud.   

My cloud account does not show anything missing.   No cloud symbol, no exclamation mark.  Nothing.  Looks completely synchronized.

When I go back into my camera, and try to initiate manual upload (instead of auto upload), the camera first goes into starting upload screen, an then advises there is no new media.   This happened immediately after I recorded the files, and could find no way to get the camera to auto upload the files, nor manually upload the files.  So I removed the micro sd card and plugged directly to my PC to ensure I did not lose the files.   Then I proceeded to try to upload the files to my GoPro account from the PC, and running into continual problems with ultra slow speeds and getting disconnected for unknown reasons.  Then when I go back in, I can see some files have uploaded, but really no way to be sure which files are uploaded and which are not.

There needs to be a better way to identify which files on the camera have been uploaded, and which files have not been uploaded, and then a manual way to push the files that are not stored in the cloud.  But more importantly, the auto upload needs to work reliably and consistently..

I am trying to avoid uploading media to my iPhone and/or iPad to avoid filling the devices with video files which should be in the cloud.

Appreciate any solutions you can find.

Thanks
Highlighted
Tourist

I have tried accessing the media both through the camera direct, through the app, and through GoPro.com.   The camera shows 2 longer files.   When I access through the GoPro wifi connection with my iPone/iPad, I can see 9 files 8:53 long, and 2 shorter files.   When I access through the app (files in the cloud), there are files missing.  The files through GoPro.com match exactly what the app shows me.   So the cloud is missing 2 x 8:53 files, they won't auto upload, and I cannot get them uploaded manually (nor should I have to right - that is why I pay for GoPro plus!). 

i don't have too many files transferred yet since I have owned the camera, so it is easy for me to spot them if they were there(I.e. no need to filter on recent uploads).  but appreciate the suggestion