Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Does Plus Cover Discontinued Accessories

Hello,

I've read the following post: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-PLUS-Damaged-Camera-Replacement-FAQ/ta-p/394296

I just purchased the Karma Grip and Karma Extention Cable, from GoPro dot com. I don't see the extention cable on this list. Does Plus cover this item? 

I've had my cameras for almost a year, will Plus cover 1 year old cameras purchased from a retail store? 

In the event the Karma Grip and Extention Cable are dicontinued are they still covered by Plus? How long are repairs offered after a Camera or Accessory has been discontinued? 

Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Does Plus Cover Discontinued Accessories

@travisii, the Karma Extension Cable is a different accessory and it isn't covered under GoPro PLUS Damaged Camera Replacement benefit.

I've had my cameras for almost a year, will Plus cover 1 year old cameras purchased from a retail store? Yes, but this will depend on which camera you exchange. Only HERO5 Session and newer cameras are covered. You can refer to the table listed in the article - GoPro PLUS Damaged Camera Replacement FAQ.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Does Plus Cover Discontinued Accessories

@travisii, the Karma Extension Cable is a different accessory and it isn't covered under GoPro PLUS Damaged Camera Replacement benefit.

I've had my cameras for almost a year, will Plus cover 1 year old cameras purchased from a retail store? Yes, but this will depend on which camera you exchange. Only HERO5 Session and newer cameras are covered. You can refer to the table listed in the article - GoPro PLUS Damaged Camera Replacement FAQ.