Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Does GoPro Plus Cloud storage behave / save differently on Quick Desktop vs. Phone vs. Auto-upload?

[ New ]

Pleae clarify the behavior of GoPro Plus Cloud storage.

My goal with GoPro plus is to load GoPro footage to the cloud as a way to save space on my devices (computer / external drives / phone).

It seems there are 3 different GoPro Plus Cloud behaviors. Could you verify that I have this correct?

1. Auto-Upload: Supports my desire to save space by leveraging the cloud to maintain the only copy of the footage. I'm able to delete from my camera's SD card and maintain the Cloud file. 

2. GoPro Mobile App: Supports my desire to save space by leveraging the cloud to maintain the only copy of the footage. I'm able to delete from my phone App tab and maintain the Cloud file on the Cloud tab 

3. Quick Desktop App: Does not support my desire to save space on my hard drive. GoPro Plus Cloud stoarage essentially serves as an exact mirrored backup of my GoPro footage on my hard drive, to the cloud. If I delete my hard drive footage and it deletes the same footage in the cloud

In conclusion, if your goal of using GoPro Plus is to save space on your devices, never download to Quick Desktop. Only use your phone or Auto-Uploader - then delete the file from the SD card or phone app. 

Please confrm. Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Does GoPro Plus Cloud storage behave / save differently on Quick Desktop vs. Phone vs. Auto-u...

[ New ]

Hello @kneedrag32

Thank you for the information shared.

Yes. If the PLUS files were uploaded via Quik for Desktop, deleting the files from the application will also delete it from the cloud.

If you need to load the files to your computer first, you can manually upload the files instead.

Sign in via gopro.com go to Media then select Add Media.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Does GoPro Plus Cloud storage behave / save differently on Quick Desktop vs. Phone vs. Auto-u...

[ New ]

Hello @kneedrag32

Thank you for the information shared.

Yes. If the PLUS files were uploaded via Quik for Desktop, deleting the files from the application will also delete it from the cloud.

If you need to load the files to your computer first, you can manually upload the files instead.

Sign in via gopro.com go to Media then select Add Media.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej