Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Delete locally but keep on cloud

Did you ever find out a way to delete videos from Quik that keeps them on the cloud, or am I actually limited by the amount of storage on my computer? Because that IS a rip off...
Highlighted
Tourist

No there is no way. Complete ripoff and a scam.
Highlighted
GoPro

Deleting your media from/within Quik for desktop will delete the same media in the PLUS cloud. Following the file path here, you can locate the media from your computer's storage instead. Deleting from the storage folder does not delete the media in the cloud. 

To access (for viewing or editing) your media again, you can download them directly from pus.gopro.com (with the option to download original or compressed resolution) and save them to your computer. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried this out.

I used Quik Destop to upload files to the GoPro Cloud.

After everything was uploaded I closed Quik. I then went to the folder in Windows Explorer and deleted the files.

I reopened Quik and the files are not listed in "Me Media" but if you up and click view there are some options for showing "unavailable media" and "cloud media". You can then choose what videos you want to download to the computer to use. Additionally the files still show up at : https://plus.gopro.com/media-library

I added new files to the folder and let it upload them to make sure during the "sync" process it would not delete the cloud files and it does not. 

So, yes you can upload your GoPro files to the cloud and delete them on your local machine to save space. You just cannot delete them from within the Quik Desktop App. They really should make it an option within the software, such as when you choose to delete there are some check boxes to choose where to delete from.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Totally agree with you Tourist. Seems like laziness to me. Its the logical option to have.

Highlighted
Sightseer

this was so helpful because i have been dying to find this out.
Highlighted
Hiker

Il y a-t-il une façon de toujours voir les vidéo stockées dans CloudPlus sur Quick pour desktop, une fois que les fichiers sont effacés localement?

N'y a-t-il pas moyen de forcer la resynchronisation cloud plus - quick après effacement local sur le file system?
par exemple en se déconnectant du compte cloud plus tout d'abord, en procédant à l'effacement local ensuite (voire même via Quik) et en se reconnectant sur le compte cloud plus enfin

Highlighted
Hiker

Well the following works:

0/ make sure you identify the local path for disnload3d videos in Quik (right click / open in finder)

1/ logout in Quik

2/ quit Quik

3/ go to your GoPro folder and delete manually the local files

4/ restart Quik 

5/ re login in Quik

6/ go to press and force refresh for root directory where vidéo were 

7/ whil Quik sync with cloud plus the video will reappear