Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Cloud upload "successful" but only 1 of the 3 videos is in my cloud account?!

[ New ]

GoPro Hero 8 upload of 3 videos got stuck after the first video uploaded.  I unplugged and pulled the battery.  Replaced battery and plugged it back in.  It started uploading the other 2 videos and I left it overnight.  This morning it said the upload was successful on the GoPro Hero 8 screen.  All I can see is the 1st video it uploaded but not the other 2.

Thank you for any help you may have to resolve these upload issues.  I'm just trying to get them uploaded so I can edit and add GPS data overlays and saving them to the cloud is my only way to do it as my phone does not have the storage capacity to hold the videos.

GoPro

Re: Cloud upload "successful" but only 1 of the 3 videos is in my cloud account?!

[ New ]

Hi @devingerrior8g

Were you able to check it via gopro.com/login

Check the Recent tab and see if the files are there.

You may also check the upload status via Manage upload page in PLUS cloud

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Cloud upload "successful" but only 1 of the 3 videos is in my cloud account?!

[ New ]

I have several "failed" files.  However, the Retry option does not work and says the Retry feature is in development and to try back later.  When will this feature work?  Is there something I can do in the meantime as a work-around?

Thanks again!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @devingerrior8g

Try deleting the file name from the upload status page then try to upload the file again.

The Retry option is still in the works. Updates will be made as soon as this option is available.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

It only allows me to delete the successfull file from the activity page.  The failed files have not option to retry or delete.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @devingerrior8g your files seem to be in the cloud. I'll have someone take a look at it and get it processed.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

@devingerrior8g all your files have been processed now. Take a look and tag me if you spot any issues.

Tourist

[ New ]

Epic...thanks so much, the files appear to be there now.  Do you know if the underlying issue is fixed so future uploads will work properly the first time?  Or is there something I did wrong or need to do next time?

Thanks again!

GoPro

[ New ]

@devingerrior8g given our scale of operations, we might have issues from time to time :-) We are looking to improve how we handle some of these errors. The "Retry" option on the page that support pointed you to will be available soon, so you will not need to reach out to anyone in engineering. For now, if you see a file in that state please tag me in a post and I will have someone help with it. BTW there was nothing you did wrong, this is a problem on our end.

Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

@epicboost16310 It doesn't appear that the GPS data uploaded with the videos.  I double checked that GPS was turned on on the GoPro at the time of the recording and it is still on.  However, when I try to click the overlay button it is all grayed-out and says that there is no GPS information.  Did something on your end exclude the GPS data?

GoPro

[ New ]

@devingerrior8g how and where are you trying this ? Are you downloading the file to your mobile app ? We don't support overlaying GPS data in the cloud.

Tourist

[ New ]

@epicboost16310 the particular video I tried was uploaded to my cloud account directly from the GoPro Hero8.  I then downloaded it from the cloud to my computer in the GoPro Quik desktop application.  That is where I was trying to add the GPS overlays.