Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Cloud upload is not working correctly

[ New ]

Hi,

I use the GoPro Max auto upload to back up my data to the GoPro servers. Unfortunately I had the problem a few times that the upload was aborted. Afterwards I started the upload manually via the website. The upload ran for four files for several hours overnight. The next morning I wanted to view the files, but they were neither available in the Android app nor on the website. On the website, however, there was a message in the menu on the left side that some files were not uploaded because they were already there. However, I cannot view the files.
I renamed the files locally and uploaded them again via the browser. The files are then uploaded again, but the message itself remains the same. Sometimes I can see the files in the tab "Recently uploaded". Under "All media" the files are not available. But this does not apply to all files either. Many of the files I cannot see at all.
Is this a known problem?
How can you help me?

Thanks and best regards

Bastian

GoPro

Re: Cloud upload is not working correctly

[ New ]

@boarst, sorry to hear you're having these issues. Can you please browse through the media library to check if the files are just dated incorrectly?

Also, are you able to locate these files through the GoPro App (Cloud tab)?

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez 

I checked this and those files are not located anywhere. This weekend I tried to upload the files by the app and not through the camera. So the media were uploaded and I can see them in the browser. But when I click on the Cloud tab in the app they are not there.

Thanks

Bastian

Sightseer

[ New ]

Similar to other GoPro users I am also having issues uploading videos and pictures. For the past week my media hasn't uploaded to the iCloud. I'm also having issues aligning media to the GoPro app. I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix the problem and can't find any solutions online. Assume there's a problem with GoPro's servers somewhere? Any help appreciated. Thanks 

GoPro

[ New ]

@boarst, I appreciate you going through the steps. A newer version of the GoPro App will be released. If you're using an Android mobile device, the update should be available today. If you have an iOS device, the newer version will be out in the coming weeks. Please see if you'll be able to see the media files in the app's Cloud tab by then.

GoPro

[ New ]

@footy26, sorry to hear you're having issues. How are you uploading your files to PLUS? Are you uploading regular videos, or are the media captured using other modes (TimeLapse, TimeWarp, 360)? Do you get an error message? How large are the files that you are trying to upload? Are these chaptered files?  

Also, see if uploading through other methods will help.   

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

I recently made some normal Hero videos and a Hero timelapse video. One of the Hero videos was chaptered, the others were not. They were uploaded by the camera itself and I can see them within the web browser, but they do not appear when I open the cloud tab in the GoPro Android App.

Bastian

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

What app version are you using.  We just released a new version 6.12 that should help resolve some of these issues.  Can you confirm if you still have issues in the latest version?

Thanks,

Jason