Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Sightseer

Cloud failures

Larger videos (> 5 minutes) fail to upload to the cloud. I've tried several times to get larger videos to upload and it fails without an error code on every attempt. Small videos appear to upload.  I've tried on two different WiFI networks. Each time I plug the Hero 9 in and the screen says uploading and shows some progress, but then hangs and ultimately fails without any error code.  I'm running the latest firmware and my plus.gopro.com account has very few videos (all small !!). Small videos upload just fine.

Also, plus.gopro.com often hangs with the spinning progress.   This fails under both Safari (Mac OS) and Chrome on Windows 10 and on multiple WiFi networks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cloud failures

@ltenny you can go to this page to check the status of your uploads:

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status

At this point in time you will see that a lot of files are in progress. The files that you are uploading appear to be large, so it will take time to be uploaded. From the one file that I see completely uploaded from your camera(which is about 200 MB), the upload speed appears to be between 2-3 Mbps. At these speeds it will take about 50 minutes for 1 GB of the file to be uploaded. Can you confirm what your upload speed is by going to https://fastly.com and clicking on "Show more" ? Once you have that please post back here and tag me.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

The status page shows them in progress but the description of the status page says that in progress includes failures.  These are failures.  Some appear to be uploading for the last 8 days!  It's not just slow, it uploads for 10 - 12 hrs then fails.

Highlighted
GoPro

@ltenny if you can check your upload speed that would be great. I suspect the ISP might drop the connection if it lingers for too long.