Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Cloud Upload fails

[ New ]

Hi, I am trying to upload my files to the cloud and so far I have been unsuccessful. I have 6 files at 3.2GB each, stored locally on a laptop drive, and the upload for the first file continuously fails. I saw a few other people with the same problem. Has this been addressed yet, as a file upload to cloud storage is a very simple process these days, or should I just cancel the subscription with gopro and use AWS storage?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Cloud Upload fails

[ New ]

Thank you, since not one file from the camera has auto uploaded after a week of recording I suppose there is something wrong with the unit. I plan on sending it back tomorrow. I have had an absolute horrible experience with the Hero 9 for trying to record softball games and then have the file auto upload.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kevina26277

How are you trying to upload the files?

Do you observe the same when doing it via the Add Media option on gopro.com/login ?

Can you also check if there are files stuck in the upload process?

Check out Manage Upload Page in Media Library

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, Thank you for the suggestions. I am using the gopro.com/login Add Media site to upload the file. I drag and drop the first file and after about 2 hours the upload fails with the message in the attached jpg file. The error message is generic and not helpful. For an upload speed I have 11Mbps. gopro-upload-error-01.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kevina26277

Is this a chapter from a long recording?

To help isolate this further, would you be able to test another file?

Try uploading a file not more than 1GB. See if it will go through.

Also, were you able to check the Manage Upload page?

Are there any files on Uploading status?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, A sample file at 100MB uploaded fine, my file at 3.73GB failed again. There are no files stuck trying to upload. The large file upload fails.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @kevina26277

We'll have this checked with the team.

Would you mind trying the upload using an incognito browser?

See if the larger file will go through.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I would like to verify this camera is what I am looking for in a camera. I go to a softball game, video the entire 2 hour game, then come back to the house and want the files to be automatically uploaded to the cloud. Please verify this camera can do this without problems. I have spent over a week trying to upload files that are automatically cut into 3.8GB files, I want the entire 2 hour video file stored in one file and then automatically uploaded to the cloud. Please confirm.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kevina26277

Long recordings will be uploaded as one file when done via auto-upload from the camera.

The amount of time necessary to upload your footage is dependent on a number of factors, namely your network speed and amount of content.

Larger-sized files may take a longer time to complete.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you, since not one file from the camera has auto uploaded after a week of recording I suppose there is something wrong with the unit. I plan on sending it back tomorrow. I have had an absolute horrible experience with the Hero 9 for trying to record softball games and then have the file auto upload.