Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Cannot Upload Footage to Plus

[ New ]

Why am I not able to upload my footage to Plus. I tried doing it how I used to do it by plugging my GoPro into my computer and dragging it into the media library upload but now when I plug my camera in it doesn't connect as a USB device it calls it an ethernet and I cannot pull my videos off of it. I also tried plugging my SD card into my computer but when I tried to upload them it says that those type media files cannot be uploaded. Why is this? I would just do it on my phone but I have an old phone and I have no storage so I cannot put the videos on there to let them upload and when I try the auto upload it takes almost an hour to do one video and the videos are not even that big. Is there any other way to upload? Thanky you.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot Upload Footage to Plus

[ New ]

Hello, @sagesk8ter. The MP4 files should be uploaded. The .LRV and .THM files are "duplicates" of the MP4 file for the purpose of viewing in the GoPro App and are not supported in the Cloud. Make sure to select only the MP4 files when you drag them to be added to the Cloud. 

Learn more about LRV and THM files through What are .thm and .lrv files?

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @sagesk8ter. Which camera model are you using? Also, what file format do the videos take when detected on your computer? Will you be able to send us a screenshot showing the error message? Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya. I am using a Hero 8 Black. The videos are mp4s, LVR, and THM. Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 8.45.30 AM.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @sagesk8ter. The MP4 files should be uploaded. The .LRV and .THM files are "duplicates" of the MP4 file for the purpose of viewing in the GoPro App and are not supported in the Cloud. Make sure to select only the MP4 files when you drag them to be added to the Cloud. 

Learn more about LRV and THM files through What are .thm and .lrv files?

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya. That fixed it. I was trying to just drag and drop the 100GoPro file into the upload tab. Thank you so much. Hope you have a great day! :)