Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Bought GoPro subscription in Apple App Store but can't link to my account

[ New ]

I bought an annual subscription in the app store on Jan 30.  When I use the GoPro app on my phone, iPad or the web interface on my Mac it prompts me to subscribe; no choice to just log in.  If I hit the subscribe button then it tells me there's already a subscription using that email (yes, there is!).  So how do I get my app to recognize that I have a subscription so I can't set up auto upload to the cloud for storage?

GoPro

Re: Bought GoPro subscription in Apple App Store but can't link to my account

[ New ]

Hi @ellefritz

If you have subscribed through iTunes, see if you might have chosen  “Hide my Email” when you subscribed. Try the following steps: 

1. From the iOS Device, go to Settings App > Tap your Name Apple ID
2. Select Password & Security
3. Under Sign in with Apple ID, choose “Apps Using Apple ID”
4. Choose GoPro
5. You will see under “Hide my Email,” This App Received shows a privaterelay.appleid.com domain. 

This will become the email address for your Subscription.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm totally confused then and maybe I should terminate that subscription and start another with my normal email address.

When I try to log in with the email address using the privaterelay domain I don't have a password there so I can't get in; doing the Forgot password thing says it will send a reset link to the privaterelay email address which I can't access. 

My other GoPro stuff is set up with another email address, aren't I better now to terminate the subscription through the Apple App Store (Can I?) and set up a new one on your website with my usual email address?

Frustrating.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ellefritz

It will be best to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej