Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Being Charged for a Subscription after Returning the Camera within 7 days of purchase

[ New ]

GoPro has charged my credit card 2 times for a subscription. We immediately returned the camera after purchase and shame on me for not looking at my credit card charges to find that GoPro was billing me for a subscription when we did not keep the camera. They have my email, but they do not send a notification of the renewal subscription. this all seems very shady and I cannot get any answer from support. Of course they don't have a phone number you can call. When we tried to return the camera they did have a phone number to customer support which was very difficult to find and I remember thinking - Yeah, I'm glad we're returning this thing because they're customer support is horrible and hard to reach. I cannot believe that they would do this. 2 years of subscription I've been charged for a camera that I bought through their site and immediately returned. Again - very shady GoPro. 

GoPro

Re: Being Charged for a Subscription after Returning the Camera within 7 days of purchase

[ New ]

Hi @dougw0363

Order and refund related concerns are best handled by our Support Team.

Please note that email and inbound support have long been discontinued.

To reach out to them, you may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please take note of the case number for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Being Charged for a Subscription after Returning the Camera within 7 days of purchase

[ New ]

I have submitted multiple requests to be contacted. I have yet to be contacted, because really, why would they want to contact me? You took my money by billing my credit card with an unauthorized charge.

The whole point I am trying to make is that I do not own a camera. I returned it immediately after purchasing and had no idea that 2 weeks later, you were going to "sign me up" for a subscription and then charge my credit card for it and continue charging my credit card.

This is fraud! This is wrong! 

You need to do the right thing GoPro and credit me back 2 years of a subscription that I NEVER AUTHORIZED.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dougw0363

We are not able to pull up any recent call-back requests using the email address on your Hub profile.

Is there a case number we can use as a reference?

Thanks!

Ej