Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Automatic Upload problems

I am sorry, but I really don't understand what that means
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on what's happening. In order to try and get files off the camera and into the cloud, the software on the camera tries to push through as much as it can in as less time as possible. So, right now your camera is trying to push multiple files up to the cloud. So, just wait for some time and see what happens. You seem to have files ranging from 2.5 minutes to about 17 or so minutes that are being processed.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok will do. Thank you. I kind of thought that was what you were saying but I wanted to be sure. It still is saying 1/54. I will let it run the rest of the day and see what happens
Highlighted
GoPro

I'll monitor it as well. I personally use the camera to upload all my footage fwiw :-) One thing to note is that since these are video files, after they are uploaded, they are processed after the upload is complete. So, it will take a certain amount of time after the upload to show up in your media library or the cloud tab of the app. Its roughly 2-3 times the duration of the video.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@jonw212 from looking at your completed uploads for the day, it seems like they are coming into the cloud at about 2.5 Mbps per file. We do 4 uploads in parallel so that seems about right based on what your expected upload speed is(10 Mbps). Please do keep in mind as I said earlier on the thread, it will take some more time for it to show up in your media library. We are in the process of building out a page that will show you the status of what stage your uploads are in with the filenames etc. Right now, that information is not all available to users. Hope this thread helps to resolve your issues. As a rough measure for that speed(2.5 Mbps for a file), upload time will be about 5-6 minutes for every 100 MB.

Thanks