Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Auto upload from HERO 9 does not work

[ New ]

Hi,

I have bought a HERO 9 a couple of weeks ago, and have not been able to upload footage from the camera so far. The upload rate is extremely slow. I have made a test with a short video and the upload did work, but for regular footage where each video file has about 3GB, the camera display simply remains for about an hour trying to upload the first item, and then shows "upload error".

Uploading the same file through the web app takes no longer than five minutes.

A couple of troubleshooting info:

- I have already tried to reset the camera do factory settings, as well as just resetting the connections. Problem persists without change.

- I have a stable wi-fi connection at home, hence the upload through the web app worked flawlessly.

- My wi-fi router offers 5GHz signal, and the camera was configured accordingly.

- Don't know where you have servers in Europe. I am currently in Switzerland.

Thanks and best regards,

Henrique

Hiker

Re: Auto upload from HERO 9 does not work

[ New ]

Same problem here. It worked and it stopped working

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @henriquebaron @kyrillos

Can you please check if there are files stuck on upload? Manage Upload Page in Media Library 

While you're signed in via the web, can you also try an upload via the Add Media option?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 ,

I cleared the upload queue before testing the upload. And as I said with the test I made with a smaller file, it works, but the upload rate is absurdly low.

With the larger files which did not work, there was also nothing stuck on the upload queue, since my first upload try is always through the camera, as I arrive home and plug it into the charger.

Regarding uploads through the web app: as mentioned, the upload through the web works fine and the uploads do not take more than a couple of minutes.

Best regards,

Henrique

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the details shared.@henriquebaron

We'll post back for updates.

Tourist

[ New ]

Any updates on the solution, @aragon1006 ? Tested today and the upload on the camera is still slow and gets interrupted in the middle with "upload error" on the camera display. Tried the "Manual upload" option on the camera three times, without success.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I also have this problem, also in Switzerland. My first couple of videos I made a few months ago uploaded but nothing since. There is nothing in the upload manager.

My Mac, phone and camera are all on the same fast Wifi network. I've looked for lots of fixes on different message boards but no luck. Considering returning it as this is too much time wasted.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @henriquebaron @peters63560

I have just tested a manual upload for a couple of files and it was all successful.

Can you please try using a different browser or go on incognito mode?

Regarding the auto-upload, can you please check if the app is on version 8.5?

Reset the camera then set up auto-upload again.

Let us know how it goes.