Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Auto Upload to cloud - missing videos

[ New ]

I am using a GoPro Hero8 Black to record soccer games.  The halves are about 45 minutes, which leads to about 4 x 45 minute videos for the weekend.  I did download to my iPad some small section (<30 secs each) of the the first game while I was out of town to share immediately.  When I returned home, I set it up to Autoupload the clips over night.  Upon completion, it seems that untouched video from the second game uploaded in their entirety (~45 min videos).  However, for the first game, only the short (<30 sec) clips show up in the cloud tab of the app.  I wanted the entire videos from the first game uploaded.

Is there a way to manually upload longer video clips to the cloud?  Will I not be able to download small clip[s on the road to share to avoid marking the clip as uploaded and therefore will not autoupload?

I want to share the long footage with the team.  By uploading the individual files directly to the app or the computer, they are in multiple files of 5 min and 19 sec each.  The autoupload keeps it in a single file.  I much prefer that version to share.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Auto Upload to cloud - missing videos

[ New ]

Hi @chesterl638

Currently, the upload option to keep long recordings to one file is via auto-upload.

Can you please check if there are files stuck on upload? See Manage Upload Page in Media Library 

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

Tourist

[ New ]

The Auto-upload had completed.  I tried it to restart it as well, by turning the camera off and on and plugging it back in.  It just assumed the files were already uploaded.  

I was able to get around it by using the legacy Quik program on the desktop Mac.  I uploaded the files to a drive on Quik directly using a card reader.  Quik recognized the files and uploaded them to a separate drive which then uploaded the file to the GoPro server as a single 45 min file that appears on the cloud tab on my other devices now.  It also kept my highlight tags which was nice.  I can then create a shareable link to share the footage with the other team parents.  

Good enough for now.  My best guess is that by uploading segments of the larger file, it was somehow marked as uploaded, so the autoupload treated the entire large file as already done.  I am basing this off of this single experience, but I will try again as there are always more games to come.  

Thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

@chesterl638 you can turn off auto-upload on your iPad for the mobile app. That should resolve this issue. If you need to upload from the iPad to the cloud, wait for the uploads to begin from the camera or if you can, wait till the uploads from the camera are done(just to be absolutely sure). Post back here if you have any issues and we can figure out how best to address it.

Thanks

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @chesterl638

Currently, the upload option to keep long recordings to one file is via auto-upload.

Can you please check if there are files stuck on upload? See Manage Upload Page in Media Library 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The Auto-upload had completed.  I tried it to restart it as well, by turning the camera off and on and plugging it back in.  It just assumed the files were already uploaded.  

I was able to get around it by using the legacy Quik program on the desktop Mac.  I uploaded the files to a drive on Quik directly using a card reader.  Quik recognized the files and uploaded them to a separate drive which then uploaded the file to the GoPro server as a single 45 min file that appears on the cloud tab on my other devices now.  It also kept my highlight tags which was nice.  I can then create a shareable link to share the footage with the other team parents.  

Good enough for now.  My best guess is that by uploading segments of the larger file, it was somehow marked as uploaded, so the autoupload treated the entire large file as already done.  I am basing this off of this single experience, but I will try again as there are always more games to come.  

Thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

@chesterl638 you can turn off auto-upload on your iPad for the mobile app. That should resolve this issue. If you need to upload from the iPad to the cloud, wait for the uploads to begin from the camera or if you can, wait till the uploads from the camera are done(just to be absolutely sure). Post back here if you have any issues and we can figure out how best to address it.

Thanks