Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Another Go Pro Plus Scam

I have real tale of woe with the Go Pro Plus program. It's a cautionary tale so customers will know what is in store for them when they contact Go Pro customer support about a camera replacement. In an on line chat with a representative I was told that there would be a $99.00 service charge to replace my Max because of a scratched lens. I was told that another representative would be calling to obtain my credit card number and authorize the $99.00 charge. I gave my debit card number and the agent said it had processed satisfactorily and that I would receive an email with an RMA and a free UPS shipping label. I did not receive the label for almost 24 hours, and when I looked on my bank account I saw that the charge was for $223.79! Leaving me with not enough money to eat for the rest of the month! Yes, I am 75 and living in limited income (Social Security etc) So, but beware of Go Pro trying to starve its customers! I am still trying to sort this out and get the charge removed

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Another Go Pro Plus Scam

Hi @greytail

For order/account-related concerns, it will be best to reach out to our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

While my issue may be about to be resolved, I am still left without any money in the bank to purchase food because I have to wait for the unauthorised charge to fall off in my account. In addition Go Pro's practice of charging a customer more than twice the amount acutally  stated to the customer is a deceptive business practice and one that the general public should be aware of.

Highlighted
Tourist

I completely agree and I'm glad you brought it up. That's utterly disgusting behaviour and I certainly will NOT be purchasing GoPro Plus.