Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Already a subscriber and ordered Hero 9

[ New ]
Hi,
I've many of exciting subscribers having issues. Here is mine.
I placed the order for a Hero9 and I was charged $349 before tax. Is that the right price for current subscribers? What's the $100 discount people are talking about?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Already a subscriber and ordered Hero 9

[ New ]

Hello @paddymcgibbon

The bundle promo that includes a 1-year subscription to GoPro does not apply to existing subscribers.

Since you have updated your subscription, the charge of $50 will cover the subscription charges until next year.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If you're already subscribed, you should be eligible for the $100 off offer. The full retail price of the HERO9 Black is $449.99, so the price you're seeing would be the discounted price.

Hiker

[ New ]

I've just had to accept the fact that no one at GoPro knows how to use a calculator.  

**HERE'S THE ISSUE** When a current subscriber orders a Hero9, it shows in the cart as $299.99.  Then it also shows the subscription for $49.99.  Then when you put in your account login information and it sees that you are already a subscriber, it removes the $49.99 subscription and changes the price of the Hero9 to $349. What?!?!?!?!

I've talked to 3 support techs and all 3 kept telling me, "Yes, but as a subscriber, you got the $100 discount off of the retrail price of $449.99"  Now, I never claimed to be a mathemtician, but clearly, they think I'm stupid!

So as a loyal subscriber, I went ahead and bought the Hero9 and I paid the same price as someone who wasn't a subscriber.  The only difference is, I didn't get a year of subscription included with my purchase.  THEN... cooincidentally, today my $50 annual subscription payment came due.  So my net payment on the whole thing was $50 more than someone who wasn't a subscriber.  Makes no sense.

Can someone at GoPro please explain the math to me?  I'm not the only one with this question.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @paddymcgibbon

The bundle promo that includes a 1-year subscription to GoPro does not apply to existing subscribers.

Since you have updated your subscription, the charge of $50 will cover the subscription charges until next year.

Thanks!
Ej