Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

wifi remote not powering on.

[ New ]

My Gopro Wifi Smart Remote not powering on. When I connect it to any power source via charging cable it turn on and it shows full battery, but when I disconnect it from the power source Wifi remote also turning off. Can you please tell me the solution? Is INternal battery died? Because I use it after 1 year.

GoPro

Re: wifi remote not powering on.

[ New ]

Hello @sunnysurf13451. Here are some tips that should resolve this issue. 

There is a procedure to reset the Remote; essentially a factory reset:

1. Press and hold the Power button on the Remote for at least 8 seconds.
  2. The Remote will prompt the user on the LCD screen to Reset or Cancel.
  3. Use the Shutter button on the Remote to select Reset, then select Yes if prompted.

If the issue persists, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat. 

Tourist

[ New ]
But how i can reset it? It’s not turning on unless I connect remote to any power source. And I connect it via USB to wall charger and in PC it shows the battery is full charged. But when I disconnect it from power the remote also going to powering off. Remote only works whenever I connect it to power source.
GoPro

[ New ]

@sunnysurf13451. If the remote does not respond at all, the next step would be to contact our Support team for further assistance. Thanks!