Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

which backdoors are included with the Hero8 housing?

[ New ]

hi there,

I looked at this housing for GoPro Hero8:

https://gopro.com/en/au/shop/mounts-accessories/hero8-black-protective-housing/AJDIV-001.html

I find the description very confusing: it says the housing comes with 1 skeleton backdoor, which would let water into the camera.

I am a scuba diver so need to go way deeper than 10 meters -> does this housing also come with a regular (waterproof) backdoor? If not, can it be purchased separately?

GoPro

Re: which backdoors are included with the Hero8 housing?

[ New ]

Hello @nicolasr72686. The Protective Housing package already includes the regular waterproof backdoor (waterproof down to 196ft/60m) and the extra Skeleton Backdoor that you can use for improved audio capture and easy access to the camera’s touch screen (not recommended for use during underwater capture though).

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks a lot for your reply, it makes sense.

Now, i have purchased a second hand Hero8 with its housing, but the seller only sent me the skeleton backdoor...

Where could I buy a spare (regular) backdoor? Various google searches found me a few links, but none was telling me the backdoor was suited to the Hero8 housing.

GoPro

[ New ]

@nicolasr72686, at gopro.com, it isn't sold separately. You may try to check with other stores or channels for the product's availability.