Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

smart remote not working with hero 7 silver

[ Edited ]

So you can use the GO Pro remote with the Hero 7 black but cant use it for the Hero 7 silver ? Why not ?? please help me !!! I have the hero 7 silver and trying to connect my smart remote.

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: smart remote not working with hero 7 silver

You are correct. The HERO7 Silver (and White) is not designed to connect with the Smart Remote. As to why, I can only assume it's just one of the many distinguishing features that was omitted to incentify people to purchase the HERO7 Black. If this is a feature that you need, you might want to consider returning the Silver for the Black.

Also, feel free to leave your feedback for GoPro requesting this capability. If enough people do so, perhaps they will enable this feature (if possible) on the HERO7 Silver. I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask. https://gopro.com/feedback

Just to be clear, this is a memeber to member support community. We are not GoPro or GoPro representatives.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I am very dissaponted - It is now useless.

@danielr15 wrote:
You are correct. The HERO7 Silver (and White) is not designed to connect with the Smart Remote. As to why, I can only assume it's just one of the many distinguishing features that was omitted to incentify people to purchase the HERO7 Black. If this is a feature that you need, you might want to consider returning the Silver for the Black.

Also, feel free to leave your feedback for GoPro requesting this capability. If enough people do so, perhaps they will enable this feature (if possible) on the HERO7 Silver. I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask. https://gopro.com/feedback

Just to be clear, this is a memeber to member support community. We are not GoPro or GoPro representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Where in GoPro documentation does it say that. Just bought a remote off eBay for my 7 silver and found this after looking for tips to pair it. Feeling shafted 😫
Highlighted
Explorer

It's in the documentation for the Smart Remote. When ordering from the GoPro website it list the cameras that it is compatible with. The eBay seller should have listed compatible cameras. There are several GoPro cameras that it is not compatible with, including HD HERO, HERO (2014), HERO (2018), HERO7 White, and HERO7 Sliver.
Highlighted
Tourist

Just checked GoPro site again, nothing about remote when you look at black v silver compare. Bit poor. Bought gopro remote in good faith on
eBay because much cheaper than GoPro direct and said it works on a7.
Highlighted
Explorer

So again, it's on the eBay seller for not specifying HERO7 Black. The Smart Remote is an accessory. The accessory needs to state what it works with. The main component (the camera in this case) doesn't list every accessory it works with. On GoPro's website, go to the accessories page. Every item will list what cameras it is compatible with.