Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

smart remote not powering on

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My gopro smart remote is not powering ON. I'm tried to charged it but still it won't turn ON. there's nothing on the screen even when I charge it. Where can I send it for repair? I'm staying here at SIngapore. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: smart remote not powering on

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear your remote came back to life after cleaning the contacts. They can get dirty if left open to the environment. Keeping the metal key ring connected helps protect the contacts from dirt and debris. 

Hope you capture some awesome footage!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Sorry to hear that. So when your charge your remote it doesn't even show a charging status? Try resetting and pairing the remote by holding the power button and mode button for about 20 sec and see if it powers on. Hopefully it does. This page says how to reset the remote same steps I said. How to reset smart remote: https://gopro.com/support/articles/how-to-reset-the-smart-remote If this doesn't help you can see gopros repair and warranty page here: http://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Warranty-Information
ChrisEditing_GoPro Support_Remote Reset.jpg
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

What kind of acitvities or enviornment do you use the Smart Remote in? If it has been around salt water then I high recommend cleaning off the bottom gold contact points with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohole. If there is any salt or other debris on these points it could prevent the charge from taking place. 

Additionally, @chrisediting also provided above steps to reset the Remote. Let us know how everything turned out.

Cheers,

Eric G 

GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Anonymous

I wish I would have seen this post before contacting support. I was informed by a rep to clean off my contact points because the visibly had salt residue on them. This charging took place the next go around. I suggest trying that. 

Anonymous

I have the exact same issue

I contacted support via chat and they told me that it was the wall charger I was using to charge it. But I charged it via a laptop. When that didnt work, I used a wall charger

seems like an excuse for a faulty product. My wall charger was a 5v 1A in specs. 

Anonymous

Both cleaning and reset worked for me. Thanks for the tips. :)
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem with my remote control.

After cleaning out he charging contacts it came back to life....

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear your remote came back to life after cleaning the contacts. They can get dirty if left open to the environment. Keeping the metal key ring connected helps protect the contacts from dirt and debris. 

Hope you capture some awesome footage!