Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Re: smart remote not powering on

Resetting helped but man what an irritating bug.
Tourist

I got my remote last Friday and was hoping to use it on a motorcycle ride Saturday. D.O.A.!  The tin foil trick worked for me. So this is clearly a simple problem that, astoundingly, has not yet been fixed by GoPro. Apparently, the cost of handling returns is cheaper than correcting the manufacturing defect. I hope GoPro is listening.

On another frustrating note: I go to the GoPro support web site where it says "chat support is available to GoPro customers 24/7". It's 5:20 PM Sunday in California. I fill out the form, click submit, the page refreshes with "chat closed". At the bottom of the page is a list of GoPro's business hours.

Capture.PNG
Sightseer

Thank you for your advices. My remote control was used in sea water and was not rinsed with fresh water after. It looks like some salt was on the contacts and battery was not been able to be charged. After I cleaned the contacts and reset the remote according to instructions, now it looks like the remote control is back in bussines again. 

Tourist

YES!!!! Thanks, this worked after trying everything!

Tourist

Thanks for this - keen to hear how you go in your "post-foil" resolution
Sightseer

if you don't have "rubbing alcohol" try lighter fluid

Seriously, I was super skeptical, I had already scraped my connection with the tip of a sharp knife they looked pretty shiny to me.  And my remote is a bit old so maybe lithium battery just bought it from undercharge.  I used a "ear cleaner" and just squirted a bit of butane on it from a can of lighter gas and really scrubbed.  1 - it came up filthy black 2 it worked!  Thank you GoPro support!

Sightseer

thanks it worked great for me 

Tourist

My gopro remo voice control not working. Never been used. What should i do?