Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: smart remote not powering on

I'am having the same exact problem with my smart remote. Last August I was in Antigua and did a lot of snorkling and other water (salt water at that) activities and during that time I had no issues with the remote, it charged perfectly and performed underwater as well as expected but when I returned home after the trip the remote just seemed to die. It will not charge regardless of how I attempt to charge it i.e. laptop or wall plug. I tried cleaning the gold connections with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and still nothing but I had no idea how to reset the device until reading this article so I will give that a go when I arrive home. Thanks in advance for another trick that might fix my rather expensive and seldomly used remote. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have cleaned both connectors on the remote itself, and it worked! Thank you!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have this same problem as well and it has happened for the 3rd time now in about 3 months. How do you clean out the charging port area without ruining the remote? I am leaving for vacation and was hoping to use a remote that I spent $80 on. Very unsatisfied so far. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous,

If there is any kind of debris on the gold charging ports then you will want to use a cotton swab and alcohol to clean this area off. Many users have found this to work

Cheers,

Eric G 

Community Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi. I have the same problem right now with my smart remote.. I tried cleaning it but its not working. Not powering on and no sign of charging. I dont know what to do know. Someone can help me????

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have one it got really hot one day and now it don't charge or turn on 
i went out and purchased a new one 

after reading this i was never around salt water and i cleaned the conections still no go 

could it be a bad battery if so how do you change them 

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous,

If you were experiencing a problem with the battery Remote then I would have advised reaching out to GoPro Support ASAP. This goes for any electronic device experiencing an issue because there should be a warranty attached to the product. 

As for the Smart Remote, there is not a way to change out the internal battery. Not sure if it is a bad battery but hit up Support and see if thye can offer additonal help. 

Cheers,

Eric G

Highlighted
Anonymous

The remote only power on when connected with the usb cable. As soon as it's disconnected it shut off

What can I do ?