Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Re: smart remote not powering on

Hello,

i have 2 remote's because 1 did not load. then number 2 got the same issue.

it has to do with salt residue on the contacts but cleaning only somethimes helps.

often i have to clean it several times. connect and reconnect. big bummer.

i agree with several other guys that gopro should redesign the contactpoint. its clear the are the problem!

come on gopro, help us make good use of an otherwise great product.

greetings Marc

GoPro

Hello @megaoasis4104

Thank you for the feedback. We will add this to the previous information that we have shared with the team. As for the two remote controls that you have that are not working, our Support team will be able to help with it. You can connect with them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

Cleaning the contacts worked for me.  I was quite surprised as, frankly, I have never used the remote or gopro more than a dozen times, and have always had the protective 'key' in the remote.  Thanks.

Sightseer

My remote finally started charging after adding the aluminum at the end of connectors otherwise it wont charge at all... well thats a disappointment for a $80 remote....
GoPro

Hi @agilewave52013

Please reach out to our Support Team regarding this.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Hola amigos

Necesito su ayuda, ya que mi control remoto GoPro no enciende, traté de hacerlo funcional pero no lo conseguí, no carga conectado a un adapatador de CA ni en CPU, desde ya agradezco su ayuda.

Gracias saludos.

Sightseer

Esto ea lo q tienes q hacer .... (started charging after adding the aluminum at the end of connectors otherwise it wont charge at all...)
GoPro

Hi @luis alber24

Please make sure that the remote is powered off, then try using a different USB port on the computer to charge the remote.  If possible, use a USB port on the back of the computer since those are typically more reliable than other USB ports.  The user can also try using a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A if one is available.  

The remote should reach a full charge in 4 hours if using the computer and 2 hours if using the wall charger.  

When charging is complete (may be indicate by a radiating Wi-Fi icon), it's important to ensure that you disconnect the remote from the charging source.

Note: if the contact points on the remote are dirty, it can disrupt the connection and inhibit the remote's ability to charge.  Be sure that those contact points are free of dirt and debris.  Use a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol or a toothpick to clean the metal contacts on the bottom of the remote as a troubleshooting step.

Let us know how it goes,

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej