Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
GoPro Community Manager

Re: smart remote not powering on

Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. If it doesn't power on, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help.

Sightseer

I suddenly started having the same problem.  I gave the contacts a quick clean and pow........back to life just like that!! 

Thanks guys.

Sightseer

Hola soy de Mexico,  llevaba tres meses sin poder usarlo, limpie las superficies doradas con algodon y vodka y prendio, muchas gracias por los tips

Sightseer

Cleaning the contacts with some alcohol and a wooden toothpick worked for me to get the remote back charging.

Hiker

This worked for me too!  Make sure to clean BOTH sets of contacts.  I had to clean the contacts on the charging adapter also before it would work!

Thanks ericgonz!!!

Tourist

I didn't have any 'rubbing alcohol'. First I tried mouthwash and then nail polish remover and neither worked. Then I tried Cilit Bang Limescale remover and this worked. Soon after I plugged in the remote for charging, the red light came on and charging indicator on the screen appeared.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Use this video! Worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WQoU13WuxQ

No credit to myself.

Hey PEOPLE! Welcome To another video in my channel! In this video, I gonna show you how to fix your GoPro WI-FI Remote if it dosnet working from any reason! ...
Tourist

followed steps mentioned re: pressing mode and power buttons for 20 sec.....it worked. thanks