Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

sessoin4 mounting help

i just got a gorpo seesion4 and i want to mount it to my car and i wanted to know would it be ok to use the mount the gopro came with to mount to my car

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: sessoin4 mounting help

@kingxrome - Are you asking about an adhesive mount, or some other mount? An adhesive mount should work, but it can damage your car's paint if you wanted to remove it later on. Also, depending on where you mount it, you might want to use a tether as well just in case.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

Explorer

@kingxrome

Yes, you can use it but you will want to tether the camera.  When using the mount, keep in consideration that the surface must be dry, smooth and clean, including free from car wax.  Also, you will want to let the mount sit for at least 24 hours (preferably 48) before using it.  For best results, apply firm pressure when applying the mount and keep the pressure applied for at least the first minute but ideally for the first 24 hours. Do not expose the mount to moisture, heat (including direct sunlight) or extreme cold for the first 24 hours after application.

To remove the mount, you will want to use a blow dryer.  As @jefft mentioned, there is risk of the adhesive causing damage to your cars paint so pick your spot with this consideration.  I've read on many discussion boards that people mount and unmount on their cars without issues, but the risk remains.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@kingxrome - Are you asking about an adhesive mount, or some other mount? An adhesive mount should work, but it can damage your car's paint if you wanted to remove it later on. Also, depending on where you mount it, you might want to use a tether as well just in case.

Thanks,

Jeff

Explorer

@kingxrome

Yes, you can use it but you will want to tether the camera.  When using the mount, keep in consideration that the surface must be dry, smooth and clean, including free from car wax.  Also, you will want to let the mount sit for at least 24 hours (preferably 48) before using it.  For best results, apply firm pressure when applying the mount and keep the pressure applied for at least the first minute but ideally for the first 24 hours. Do not expose the mount to moisture, heat (including direct sunlight) or extreme cold for the first 24 hours after application.

To remove the mount, you will want to use a blow dryer.  As @jefft mentioned, there is risk of the adhesive causing damage to your cars paint so pick your spot with this consideration.  I've read on many discussion boards that people mount and unmount on their cars without issues, but the risk remains.