Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

karma grip driver update win 10 64 fails with "file not found"

[ New ]

Dear all,

I am failing to update the win x64 driver fro the microsoft package. the grip is currently installed as com4. when I download, unpack and select the new driver it finds the package, but then stops and says file not found while installing.

Any help?

best 

hdtvpower

GoPro

Re: karma grip driver update win 10 64 fails with "file not found"

[ New ]

Hello @hdtvpower

See if the solutions posted through the threads below will help: 

You might also want to revisit the steps for Updating the Karma Grip through this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Update-the-Karma-Grip and see if there is any step that needs to be re-done. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Hey Markus, thanks,

The problem is that the Microsoft driver package fails to create the appdata temp file on all my current windows 10 machines. I even tried on a latest VMware win10 x64 virtual machine. This is a permanent error. There must be a problem with the inf file. Other driver packages install correctly.
GoPro

[ New ]

You are welcome, @hdtvpower. You might want to engage our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach them via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Tourist

[ New ]

DId you ever get this figured out, i just got a karma grip and i am having the same issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

@evanalmighty95, have you been able to go through the suggested steps? How did it go?

Tourist

[ New ]

i have followed the steps to try and install the driver i get the message that the files are not found, i am still unable to update the grip which means in order to film with it the gopro must be turned on and start recording before being placed into the grip. THe grip does not interface with the camera at all so you cannot start/stop recording, bookmark or power the camera on or off without updating. i have contacted gopro support and they were unable to help me with this issue, they are going to process a replacement, however if the replacement still is not recognized as the correct device im not sure how that will help. maybe they can update the karma before sending it to me?