Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist
Accepted Solution

karma gopro4

I bought a Karma Grip and a harness to connect my Hero4 black. I've updated my firmware (grip and gopro) as requested. The grip seems to be working fine with the exception of controlling my gopro. It charges from the grip but that is it. I cannot select modes and start/or stop recordings from the grip, Any idea of what might cause this. Many thanks if you can help me fix this.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: karma gopro4

Hi Ryan,

I tried your suggestion. The hard reset didn't exactly go as you described (LED's lit up in all kinds of ways and the grip went poltergeist on me). And it didn't solve the issue. However you triggered me to try another micro-SD and it worked! So then I emptied and reformatted the original card as well, and what do you know: it worked as well. 

Strange that the status of your SD determines if your grip is working or not, but in any way: the problem was solved. 

Thanks for your swift reply and trigger that lead to the solution. I'm happy that I can start using the grip now. 

Kind regards,

Han, the Netherlands

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @han777,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Karma Grip. Try performing a Hard Reset:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/How-to-hard-reset-the-Karma-Grip

In addition if you are still having some trouble let me know what SD Card you are using. Let me know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Hi Ryan,

I tried your suggestion. The hard reset didn't exactly go as you described (LED's lit up in all kinds of ways and the grip went poltergeist on me). And it didn't solve the issue. However you triggered me to try another micro-SD and it worked! So then I emptied and reformatted the original card as well, and what do you know: it worked as well. 

Strange that the status of your SD determines if your grip is working or not, but in any way: the problem was solved. 

Thanks for your swift reply and trigger that lead to the solution. I'm happy that I can start using the grip now. 

Kind regards,

Han, the Netherlands