Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist
Accepted Solution

hero 7 disconnects from the smart remote

[ Edited ]

I can pair the smart remote with the Hero 7 Black, but when remove the camera battery (for charging) it will no longer pair up. I have to reset the camera then go through the pairing stage again. Anyone got a solution?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero 7 disconnects from the smart remote

Hello @hardywave80501

If you have not done it yet, try manually updating the camera firmware (even if the camera may already have the latest firmware) to clear out any possible issue that that might be associated with the current installation. Reset the Smart remote control afterward by pressing and holding the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds. The remote will power off and can then be powered back on for re-pairing. Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @micks10,

It really disconnects. 

If I may ask may I know how long do you pair it again / how long do you charge the camera ?

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

I have issue with the smart remote as well, it will disconnect at some point from my hero 7 black and when powered off will sometimes reconnect when powered back on other times I have to power off the camera and remote then power on the camera and then the remote and hope it pairs back.

Also when pairing I never get the confirmation it has paired either the camera will timeout or I cancel on the remote after seeing a 1 next to the camera on the pairing screen.  It then appears paired but this is not the way it appears that this should work.

When paired it works fine till it eventually disconnect either due to distance from camera or whatever the random disconnect reason is, then the remote just flashes the wifi icon until I try to pair again or power both down and back up as above.

Seems a little flaky.

GoPro

Hello @hardywave80501

If you have not done it yet, try manually updating the camera firmware (even if the camera may already have the latest firmware) to clear out any possible issue that that might be associated with the current installation. Reset the Smart remote control afterward by pressing and holding the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds. The remote will power off and can then be powered back on for re-pairing. Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius