Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

gorpo hero 7 black mic adaptor not working

i purchased a hero 7 black, 3.5mm mic adaptor and rode videmicro recently. the videomicro works on other cameras but i get no audio from the gopro. quick capture is off. the battery charging does work through the 3.5mm adaptor, but not the audio.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gorpo hero 7 black mic adaptor not working

Hi @armourbearer,

Do you get the same result when recording video without the Mic Adapter connected?

Have you also tried using different external microphone to isolate if it's a problem with the adapter or microphone? When you mentioned that videomicro works on other cameras, are you referring to GoPro cameras?

Kind Regards,

Ann

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey Ann thanks for the reply. Without the mic adaptor the gopro could record audio just fine. I tested the rode videomicro on a dslr. One thing to note though, when i plug the adaptor in the gopro, i could select mic input settings in preferences. Does this automatically mean that the mic adaptor is working just fine?

I haven’t tried other mics on the gopro though as i do not have another, but will borrow one from others, hopefully i can find another person who has a gopro so i can test the mic adaptor on another gopro device.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @armourbearer

That may indicate that the camera detects the mic adapter.

Feel free to post back once you're able to test it out with another device.

Thanks!

Ej